Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello X Trailers

Just picked up my 58 150/2.0D Aventura.

First impressions are are very good. My prevoius car was a Mondeo 2.2tdci ST and was a little worried that the x trail ride and power would be a let down. I can hoenstly say that i am am very impressed with the power and drive comparing the two together.

Just bought my mats and rubber liner, which should be arriving next week. Just hope my new car is fault free now (fingers crossed)

Some questions...

1: What is the pump devise for under the bonnet? Dealer mentioned fuel pump? This to me seems a little DIY? Anyone out there ever had to pump fuel through?

2: Are the side mirrors auto shut?

3: What do my trye presures need to be?

4: Anyone recommend a good roof rack system?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Congratulations on your new X-Trail and welcome to the forum.

Your questions:-
1) Sorry I don't know, I'll leave someone else to answer this one.
2) No, unfortunately
3) This will be written on the vehicle (mine is a 173 dCi and may be different to your 150)
4) There are several in the X-Trail accessories catalogue and will be different if you have the Extreme version

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi & Welcome make yourself at home! ;-)

Mines only an 51 plate but the mirrors fold via a switch located to the right of the steering wheel below mirror adjuster not sure about the newer ones weather there the same or not sorry! ;-)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was just a general run through when he lifted the bonnet.

After using a Zetec TDCI for the past three years, which is all encased and appears to look the business, looking under the bonnet of my new X trail my first impressions make me think that the engine is not quite in the same league, Gasp!

·
Registered
17 Posts
well, its a different beast altogether, is yours the 150 or 173bhp? i have the 173 and it pulls like a train and the intelengent 4 w d is a a riot, but!!! does yours have the diesel particulate filter system? if so i m curious to know how your motor is driven ie town driving/motorway or mixed, my reason for asking will become obvious if it does.

regards

Diesel

in fact i d be grateful to hear from any owners who have the dpf model x trail and have had problems with it relateing to the dpf light coming on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine is mostly motorway (around 50K / year) and its a 150.

Its running very well, has a nice little pull about it when I put then foot down and is doing 40.1 MPG. Would have been nice to have gone for the 173, but this will do me :grin:

As said its a completely different beast than the TDCI and I am very happy with my X Trail!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Paddy24 said:
It was just a general run through when he lifted the bonnet.

After using a Zetec TDCI for the past three years, which is all encased and appears to look the business, looking under the bonnet of my new X trail my first impressions make me think that the engine is not quite in the same league, Gasp!
I had a Mazda 6 some years ago and had exactly the same impression; when I recently sold my 04 dCi SVE I was quite apologetic to the new owner - sorry about the engine compartment, they always look a bit agricultural - This is not helped by the build up of dirt; there seems to be a lot of space in there, and places on the engine appear to welcome pools of standing water and then rust.

I think this gives them character. It's a bit like 1970s engine compartments before computer designed use of space, like MGBs and Spitfires where the engine : bay ratio is like a walnut in a warehouse. Sort of "beauty is on the inside / wolf in sheeps' clothing" type of thing :biggrin:

Give it a few months and then ask yourself which you love more, the X or the Ford.

G

·
I have a 58 reg X-Trail Aventura 173 manual. It has just clocked 15150 miles since Jan 09 when I bought it. I think it is a great motor, but it has a serious weakness (along with many other vehicles it seems)...... DPF......

The DPF light has come on three times in the time I have owned the car:

1) at around 8000 miles, just as I was leaving home to drive to work. My normal commute is 15 miles each way , of which 10 miles is dual carriageway. The DPF light had not gone out by the time I got to work despite me keeping revs >2500 rpm, it needed an extra 5 miles....

2) at 13000 miles, (only 500 miles after first service) when restarting the engine after having travelled 27 miles mostly on dual carriage way to collect my father. It went out after keeping the revs above 2500 rpm for about 20 miles on the return trip.

3) at 15115 miles (today), just after I refueled on my way to work, having driven 14 miles from home. It took a further 20 miles driving at above 2500 rpm to clear it again. This made me late for work ..... not happy!

According to my local dealer, it is my driving style that is at fault. I don't do lots of very short journeys, I use Shell Diesel exclusively (not supermarket diesel) but I am causing the DPF problem because I avoid over-revving, I adhere to the speed limits, I anticipate traffic ahead of me & avoid heavy acceleration & braking, I drive to achieve best fuel economy & to save the planet......

It seems that I need to drive like a lunatic every once & a while, thrashing the engine and/or breaking the speed limit to overcome a defect in my car.....

As things stand, I doubt I will buy another diesel with a DPF....... I am beginning to seriously wonder if I will keep this car much longer. I am very uncomfortable about the fact that this DPF problem can pop up at any time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.