Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a 16 inch rim will fit on the 2009 X-Trail? I do a significant amount of off road driving and am looking at an X-Trail as a possible solution but there are no all terrain tyres available in the 215/60R17 size that the standard wheels require. The solution might be to fit 16 inch rims and go to 65 profile tyres and this would allow me to fit General AT2s or similar. I could keep the standard wheels and tyres good for when I came to sell it.

If the 16 inch rim will fit has anyone managed to source any at a reasonable price? I don't mind if it is just a steel wheel or even 2nd hand alloys. Is there any other vehicle fitted with 16 inch rims as standard that could act as a donor for a set of wheels from the scrap yard? I suspect that in some countries they come with 16 inch steel wheels as standard, I guess this would be the case in areas where the car spends less time on the school run than is likely here in the UK, so there must be 16 inch steel wheels out there somewhere but if Nissan don't bring them to the UK then there probably isn't much chance of finding any.

All help and suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, I intend to keep an eye on ebay or similar for someone selling 2nd hand 16 inch XTrail wheels. I don't want to pay a fortune for them as there are some on there for £££. I will also take a look around local breakers yards just in case they have an older XTrail on 16 inch wheels in.

I've talked to the insurance company and they were baffled! They didn't have a box to tick for wanting to fit SMALLER alloys, only for wanting bigger ones, so it has had to be referred to the underwriters. I can't see it being a problem as until recently they shipped as standard on 16 inch wheels but you know what insurance companies are like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.