Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
reallly wanna put 18s on my x and been lookin at other brands standard wheels (x5, range, porsche etc.) i am wondering if all 5 stud wheels fit every 5 stud car

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi
go to halfords they will give the wheel PCD spacing and off set of the wheel for the xtrail ask what other makes have the same wheel PCD spacing and off set . this the best way to find out what you need.YOU CAN FIT SPACERS TO CORRECT THE OFF SET, ALSO SOME WHEELS HAVE A MULTI FIT SYSTEM WHERE BY THE WHEELS WILL FIT 4 STUD AND 5 STUD hope this helps regards..mark

·
Registered
115 Posts
sorry about the short reply, myseat cover came in!! and wanted the puter.

Anyhow, 18's can come from the murano or how ever its spelt, have to watch when going up in size as turning circle speedo and tracking etc all change - but it does look nicer....lol

Have to check with insurance too as this might change for the worse sadly.
Sometimes if offset's are not used on axle then also the wheel will catch the arch liner or worse still the actual arch !

Rob

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
murano wheels sell too high so thats a no go insurance will not be getting told and arches can be adjusted i am not new to putting big wheels on cars. i just need to find out which other makes hav the same pcd as you can pick stock wheels up for £200 a set off the bigger 4*4's. does anyone know of any sites that will tell me as i dont particulary like going into halfords(they are worse than salesmen) or even better if someone knows which pcd over laps

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi I put a set of 19" on my x, they have 245/45 tyres. Does affect the performance ie firmer ride, heavier steering, a bit slower and road noise but improved the cornering!
These are the fitting spec's Make : Nissan Model : X Trail Year : 01> PCD : 5x114 Offset : 37 to 45 Bore : 66.1 Fittings : N 12x1.25
Recommended fitments, 16" 2156516 17" 2255517 18" 2355018 19" 2454519

The 18" tyres would of saved me £300 odd quid had I put those on but they look good, in my opinion!
Take a look at alloywheels.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts