Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed the diesel filter on the 2008 2.0 diesel X Trail 150bhp and can offer any advice on doing the job---please :?:

G

·
Hi, I am new to the x-trail owners club. I have joined you to get some technical information. I am looking at replacing the diesel fuel filter. I have heard it is a 'filter for life' item, is that correct? I have been looking under the bonnet, and it looks a right awkward job. Have you any hints? What is the best way to bleed it? etc... Ta Sid.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sid,
Done mine today, book says every 2 years or 25000 miles, yes it is a bit of a faff. Next time I will, remove the black protective bit from around the filter, then pull off all the pipes (noting where they go back, then lift the filter and housing out. Pour any diesel in the old filter into the new filter, put back all the pipes making sure they all"click" home but leave the outlet of the priming bulb. Pump the priming bulb until diesel comes out then put it onto the filter.Close up the filter housing with the pinch bolt, replace the black protective cover. Pump the bulb till it goes hard, then start the engine and check for leaks.
The water drain location is a joke, it's supposed to be drained of water at every service, you need to remove the black cover to have any chance of doing that so contrary to what the service book says I reckon it rarely/never gets done.

Hope this helps

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
JohnG said:
Has anyone changed the diesel filter on the 2008 2.0 diesel X Trail 150bhp and can offer any advice on doing the job---please :?:
Hi John, it's now in the T31 How To's section :thumbs:

·
Registered
15 Posts
bryno said:
Sid,
Done mine today, book says every 2 years or 25000 miles, yes it is a bit of a faff. Next time I will, remove the black protective bit from around the filter, then pull off all the pipes (noting where they go back, then lift the filter and housing out. Pour any diesel in the old filter into the new filter, put back all the pipes making sure they all"click" home but leave the outlet of the priming bulb. Pump the priming bulb until diesel comes out then put it onto the filter.Close up the filter housing with the pinch bolt, replace the black protective cover. Pump the bulb till it goes hard, then start the engine and check for leaks.
The water drain location is a joke, it's supposed to be drained of water at every service, you need to remove the black cover to have any chance of doing that so contrary to what the service book says I reckon it rarely/never gets done.

Hope this helps
Pour any diesel in the old filter into the new filter I would top up new filter with new diesel,after all the old filter has been trapping contaminates for 25k miles so not a good idea pouring them into the new filter?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts