Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am looking to get an X-Trail, do not do that many miles a week and have read about all the issues people seem to have with the diesel's (Turbo's and intercoolers), therefore I am looking at the petrol models. The 2.5 seems appealing due to the extra power but does anyone have any recommendations between the two?

Many Thanks for any help :biggrin:

·
Registered
186 Posts
HI my 1st xtrail was a 2005 2.2dci at 9000mls the intercooler went then at 18000mls the turbo started to go just over 3yrs so it had to go.Did a swap with a dealer for a 2006 2.5 higher spec aswell,it does not pull as good as the dci with the caravan on, but solo it is FAB. have not driven the 2lt but i guess that it will be dead slow.1st thing i did was to have it converted to lpg cost £1200 and now it does 25mpg on gas so thats the same as 50mpg on derv with the cost being 112p a ltr (derv) and gas only 54p a ltr, also the cost of the petrol xtrails are about £1500 less than the dci's and most have lower mls on the clock... regards..mark

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great Mark, thanks for the reply. Have you had any issues with your petrol X-Trail?
The Lpg route was an option I was thinking about, What type of unit did you have installed?
On a seperate note I dont suppose anyone can point me in the direction of any brochures? Would like to get a 2004/2005 sales brochure for more info on colours, trims etc..

Cheers, Justin

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi justin
the company that did the lpg was Rage in Monmouth 01600 711628 it is has [email protected] marked on the unit the tank is in the floor of the boot the spare wheel is upright in the boot like the jeeps.All i have been told about the lpg is that the seats on the valves can burn out.But i have done 14000mls towing the caraven aswell and have not had any problems.With the different specs of the Xtrail there are.from 2005 .SPORT.COLUMBIA.AVENTURA.before this date the spec was SE and SVE. but for some reason nissan went back to SE and SVE for the last run of the T30's ther was a few of these in our local car supermarket (skinners and sons) this may have been due to the amount of imports into the uk from the EU,go online and have a look at Parkers guide and ebay have a good look at the ads and this will give you the specs and what is and what is not on the range... :thumbs: regards..mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.