Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, From the problem I'm having and thanks to the knowledge gleaned from previous questions, I now know I need to change the fuel filter, just had a look and it looks a nightmare, anyone got a step by step proceedure/tips for doing the job?

·
Registered
40 Posts
russianbar said:
Hi Everyone, From the problem I'm having and thanks to the knowledge gleaned from previous questions, I now know I need to change the fuel filter, just had a look and it looks a nightmare, anyone got a step by step proceedure/tips for doing the job?
Easy to do!

Tools needed,

10mm socket
Long extension for above and ratchet
8mm socket
Long nose pliers
Waterpump pliers
Small empty bottle

Simply loosen hose clamp with 8mm socket where it fits on fuel pipe on engine and remove,
Disconnect servo vac hose off top of housing andpull to one side,
Take off both 10mm nuts that hold fuel filter housing to bulk head
With the housing loose and pulled forward you can get onto the fuel hose at the back (has a squash fit clamp on it!) ,
Remove complete housing,
Sometimes have to put housing in a vice and twist the filter off with water pump pliers,
Fit new filter, swapping over water drain on the bottom (only on old style!)
Refit housing in reverse order of removal,
But before you refit the fuel hose to engine, put hose in a bottle and press the primer ball until fuel starts to enter bottle,
refit hose to pipe to engine and tighten clamp,
JOB DONE!

Will take 10 mins tops!!

Hope this helps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick and helpful reply, I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on, thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts