Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04 plate
Owned car since new.
Having problems with engine resulting in complete loss (flat spot) of power over 2000 revs.
Turbo and intercooler replaced 12 months ago.. our contribution at dealer was £800.00!

Have read that this may me a fuel filter problem...has anyone else had this issue... or is there another fix?

Many thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
KMD said:
04 plate
Owned car since new.
Having problems with engine resulting in complete loss (flat spot) of power over 2000 revs.
Turbo and intercooler replaced 12 months ago.. our contribution at dealer was £800.00!

Have read that this may me a fuel filter problem...has anyone else had this issue... or is there another fix?

Many thanks
If your using cheap fuel, its the first place to start if theres no engine light on!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had this problem yesterday and nipped straight down to my local dealership. I explained the symptoms, same as above and straight away they diagnosed a faulty fuel filter. They fitted it while I waited and completed an engine re-learn because I seemed to be getting poor MPG.

The drive back home was faultless so it seems like the fuel filter was to blame.

On another issue, and I know it won't help you now, but if anyone has a turbo issue, Nissan knows about the problem. When mine went faulty in April 09 on my '04 2.2 with 50,000 on the clock, they fixed it FOC. The way I did it was to contact the dealership who contacted the head office at Rickmansworth, Herts and then I had to contact them. It all got sorted from there.

If anyone lives in the Preston, Lancs area, I can wholy recommend Fred Coupe dealership for excellent service.

Dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I had the exact problem with my 06 2.2 DCi at 50,000 miles started spluttering above 2000 RPM didn't do it all the time replaced the fuel filter/water seperator done 10,000 miles since an not had a problem. :biggrin:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me too,with the spluttering. Replaced the fuel filter and all is now well. Incidentally, the engine management system was reset FOC. Nobles,Edinburgh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.