Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy's just checking I have this right,

the emissions for the 2.5 petrol are listed as 230 g/km which is band L at £425 but as I understand if the car is pre 2006 then it is limited to band K at £245 per year.

is this correct?

cheers

daniel

·
Registered
485 Posts
after following this thread thought maybe i should have got a 2.5 with lpg conversion, now after reading vandys road tax think i am happy with my diesel, the difference in road tax nearly pays for my warranty direct insurance :whistle:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
posbyjohn said:
after following this thread thought maybe i should have got a 2.5 with lpg conversion, now after reading vandys road tax think i am happy with my diesel, the difference in road tax nearly pays for my warranty direct insurance :whistle:
Ah maybe, but think of the joy I get when I pay my £415 to the government, knowing that the money is going to be put to such good use. OK, so probably about £5.60 will go towards keeping the roads in the excellent condition we have all come to love, the silky smooth motorways and B roads that gently smother the countryside with un-blemished top grade tarmac.
You will miss out on the pleasure I will be getting, knowing that the balance of £419.40 will be ploughed into the central government funds for the annual inter departmental personnel initiative meeting of minds, or as we lesser mortals prefer to label it as "the Christmas p*ss up". Life is not all about saving money posbyjohn, certainly not if you work for the government anyway as there it seems to be all about saving it and making the general public do the spending. When I've paid my £415 (obviously with heart bleeding at the time of payment) I will also have the pleasure of driving past the many high street banks with the warming knowlegde that at least they have been able to stretch out enough of the publics bail out funds to allow a bonus or two for the hard worked investment boys - bless their cotton socks and all who flail in them.

Bitter, me? Oh please, I'm far too polite to be bitter and for what reason - the car driver is "public enemy number one" so we must all suffer the injustice of having our hard earned income snatched away from us for having the audacity to wish to drive. Shame on us all for wanting to have convenience, privacy, versatility, piece of mind, and dare I suggest just a modicome of enjoyment in life - heaven forbid that we should be allowed enjoyment. My £415 will be paid with the total disrespect it deserves and if I could pay it in horse 8hit I would gladly do so. Bitter - me?

There again, I bought the car and love it so have to take it on the chin like all the other poor suckers that have to tow the line in this country we live in where the government have the attitude - "take from the rich and give to the poor and when you've done that, take it back from the poor again and give it back to us because we want to waste it on something else now"
You've caught me on a V.Meldrew day (again).
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
209 Posts
My 2003 2.5 SVE Auto does not cost the usual £245 tax per year either. Mine gets the whopping £10 a year alternative fuel discount. So it's also 'only' £235 a year.

What a bargain thank you o generous and wise HM Government.

So I'm gonna take that £10 and just have a wild party ...booze...hookers....caviar.....are just some of the things I won't be able to buy with it.... :biggrin:

·
Registered
186 Posts
My 2.5 2006 xtrail so glad its a febuary 2006 and not march, road tax is £235 i get £10 off becauase its converted to run lpg.WOW when i asked the nice man at the DVLA why such a small discount he said well it does run on petrol.All for about 5mins each day,when its on gas only water comes out of the back end. But if i had got a prius or a honda insight and low and behold no tax at all, dont they run on petrol some of the time,alot more than i do i bet.Also what about all the cars that are in band B, £20 band C, £30.. If road tax was £120 a year for every car on the road that would be a more fair way to pay for our great roads lol. :bigcry:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Slightly O/T - your a Southend bloke right?

Ever use the Rayleigh Weir Shell LPG garage? Whats up with the price? 69.9 last time I was there - cough splutter!
I regularly use the Total at the B1007/a12 junction and it's 65.9 or Total at Marks Tey where it s currently 64.9 much cheaper. Thursday I'll be briefly in Ipswich and the Shell at Raneleigh rd is 62.9
I know it's cheap but I refuse to be gouged -old habits! BP is also a rip off at 69.9.

How can the same damn product vary by so much just a few miles down the road.
I had to buy some Unleaded last week. Oh that was painful. Still I get about 3K miles 'per tank'. More if my wife didn't keep using it for short trips.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thats Southend Street in tredegar south wales.. my local lpg is 60p they dont call it rip off britain for nothing... :headbang: last time it put unleaded in was in france in August filled it up and still got some left...lol

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
posbyjohn said:
hey vandy thanks for that rant, came in after a hard pretty naff day and laughed out loud at your victor meldrew moment cheers :thumbs: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mmm, sorry about the rant fellas but the have to let off steam now and again! But honestly, over 400 quid - I've said enough :bigcry:

·
Registered
485 Posts
agree with everything you say vandy the government consider the motorist to be a cash cow, wether it be income from speed camera's, road tax or fuel duty the government take from us and give precious little in return. and when they do they spend it on roads that gave us no problems untill they decided they needed an upgrade and are now a nightmare

·
Registered
209 Posts
silver25lpg said:
Thats Southend Street in tredegar south wales.. my local lpg is 60p they dont call it rip off britain for nothing... :headbang: last time it put unleaded in was in france in August filled it up and still got some left...lol
Aah I see. Us welsh sure know what a bargain LPG ! My dad came from Neath and some relatives are are still up in Anglesey.
I'll stop looking out for you when I'm in the other Southend then!

·
Registered
186 Posts
No probs. i do get down to Southnd but thats in a big silver wagon and drag.....Have a look at MY, Tyres web site for tyres if you want to by then or just to get some idea of whats good and wots not, bridgestone are good tyres a lot better than the dunlops,also run your tyres on a higher psi 36 front and 36 rear wear is a lot better due to tha side walls being so soft..regards..mark

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.