Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to purchase a 2003 SVE TD model, and just wondered if there are any obvious maintenance checks or manufacturer recalls that should be done by this age.

The vehicle has done 48k, has full service history, 1 owner from new and the added advantage of an already fitted towbar. Its a private sale, the owner is upgrading to the newer model.

Its obviously been used, but no expense appears to have been spared, new rubber + brake discs and pads in the last 12 months. Comes with 1 years T & T. It drove beautifully and pulled well and i get the impression its an honest car.

Also any advice on best companies for insurance greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Clarki,

Welcome to the forums. Best advice I can give on the TD is to check the Turbo and Intercooler, especially on the older series 1 models. Nissan have extended the warranty on the turbo to 5 years but I think yours might be outside this timeframe. Check with the current owner and see if they had it replaced.

As to insurance, I recently used Adrian Flux's 4x4 department and was very pleased with the cost and package they offer.

Jamie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts