Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
This is my first time posting on this site, I hope someone can help as I’m at the end of my tether.
Ok here goes.
I have a 2005 2.2dci X Trail which I bought second hand and have had an ongoing problem with it for the last 12 months.
I had it serviced and ever since then It started going into limp mode every time I drove it.
I had the scv replaced and went to Nissan to have the system re-programmed, no change.
I had a complete genuine Nissan filter housing and filter fitted and the problem got worse, the engine refused to start whilst at the shops so had to be towed home.
I had another Denso scv fitted and programmed just in case the first one was faulty.
Now the engine won’t start at all but if I disconnect the scv it starts on the button but knocks a bit due to too much fuel.
I can then plug the scv back in and the engine carries on running but over fuelled.
I have now discovered there is voltage at the scv when the ignition is on but no voltage when cranking or running.
Can anyone shed some light on this problem before I take my matches out to the garage.
Thanks in advance
Warren

·
Registered
Nissan X Trail Columbia 2.2 DCi 2006
704 Posts
Check all earth connections. Try connecting a jump lead from battery negative to a good connection on the engine block and see if that allows engine to start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check all earth connections. Try connecting a jump lead from battery negative to a good connection on the engine block and see if that allows engine to start.
Hi Colster,
Thanks for your suggestions,
I’ve checked earth connections this morning and put a jump lead on as suggested but unfortunately it still won’t start.
Thanks again I appreciate your response.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Obviously something was done when it was serviced .Seems fuel related though .Your year was the change over date on a few items .Does it have the plunger on the top of housing or a priming bulb (Squeeze by hand next ) ie.....Canister or screw on fuel filter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Leafy
It has a primer/plunger on top of the housing and a screw on Filter
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts