Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, new here, please be gentle!
Just bought a 2005 Dci with 52k on the clock, really pleased with it.
One concern we have however is that when the car is started from cold the idle speed is erratic. The car seems to fluctuate between 1000 and 800 rpm almost seems as if it will stall. It drives perfectly with lots of power and once up to normal operating temperature the idle is fine.

Anybody else experienced this?
Previous owner had the car in to Nissan but as it was warm they couldn't see the problem for themselves but plugged a diagnostic tool in which read no faults, I have this receipt.

Look forward to hearing from you
Regards Dave

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi street_moto1,

Welcome to the forum. :thumbs:
I also had this problem with my car. The car at the time had done 55000 miles. I left the car overnight at my local Nissan dealer (Westway Stourbridge) for them to asses.

There diagnosis was there was an update for the ECU outstanding and
they also removed the EGR valve, cleaned & refitted.

The combination of these two actions cured my fault. These were done under warranty so cannot put a price on the job.

Hope this helps
akastiggy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome and the reply, sounds promising, but could do with an idea of price before putting it into the local stealers!
Anybody else out there heard of or experienced this problem?

Regards Dave

·
Registered
198 Posts
Had an alternative quote from my main Nissan dealers today, £313 fitted inc vat, apparently Nissan are aware of this problem and have issued a bulletin to dealers, this problem effects vehicles fitted with the Denso fuel pumps, sould like early facelift T30 2003 onwards with 4WD, Dealer would not give details of bulletine no. but the part no. for the fuel suction valve set is A6860AW42B.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Work was carried out by nearest Nissan dealer, Windsors of Wallasey, quote was originally £272 with one and a half hours labour, service manager managed to get a 10% discount on part so ended up at £252. Reason I went to dealer with this one rather than an independant was that I thought they are more likely to have the latest software when setting up ECU.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.