Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now there is a thing......on e-bay and here, there are details of a new 2008/9 sat nav disc for T31 at various prices.

So checked with my local Nissan dealer and he confirmed that the disc numbers check out and Nissan will provide me with one of these discs at a cost of.........£598.08....including vat. :eek:

This morning I received my disc from e-bay trader and it works fine with no problems. No post code input yet, but for £45, I can wait another year. :D :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
666 said:
What are the changes over the 2008 disc?
The 07 disc is using maps dated March 07 and the new 08 disc is using maps dated March 08. So the maps are always out of date.

I have not done a lot of mileage since installing the new disc, but I have noticed that a local garage which was a BP station is now shown as an Esso garage. That is fine except that this has since closed and a block of flats has been built on the ground :roll:

Also most of the French main roads are being re-numbered so I hope the new disc is updating some of the roads albeit 18-24 months late.

G

·
Hi all i drive a 07 X TRAIL

And for my sins i work for Nissan

When i purchased my X Trail I noticed the Mapping was not as good as my Tom Tom

After my research i can now supply 2008/09 sat nav upgrades

Please Check my website Thanks : http://muply.webs.com/

Muply

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your web site states: INCLUDES FULL POSTCODE SEARCH

Are you sure that the new disc can do that!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
right
i contacted nissanupgrades
here is what was sent and recieved

i have a 2007 t31 xtrail
are your maps able to update me to postcode input?
cheers

here is what i got back

Hi if your Xtrail has a firmware upgrade you will get postcode search with this Disc if your Firmware is not up todate it will just provide the latest Mapping and POI Thanks Helen x

do we chase nissan for firmware upgrades then?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't think so !!!

This sounds like a "get out clause" from nissanupgrades, so that when you buy disc and you still do not get post codes then they will just hit you with this excuse and refuse any further responsability.

But it's each persons call !!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
rangermastiffs said:
I don't think so !!!

This sounds like a "get out clause" from nissanupgrades, so that when you buy disc and you still do not get post codes then they will just hit you with this excuse and refuse any further responsability.

But it's each persons call !!!
how do we know that there is not a firmware upgrade available?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have just ordered my new X-Trail Sport and noticed that the mapping in the demo. model is way out of date (eg: not showing a motorway in Austria opened in November '07) and the mapping of some Central Eurapean countries was so atrocious as to be totally useless. :bigcry:

My dealer did tell me that new maps were due in November at a price of over £300. :bigcry:

Sometimes I wonder why cars have built-in sat-nav when the maps are so out of date and upgrades are so expensive that you can get a pair of Tom-Toms for the same price (*and* they do more). :frown: :bigcry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts