Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xacre said:
Phew, that sounds pricey
The service is on a Nissan Service Plan and I pay monthly and the service is done when requited at no extra cost.

The SatNav DVD is about £120 for the update, which is pretty reasonable for an installed SatNav I think - and the X-Trail one had much better mapping than my Garmin - only downside was no postcode search.

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
That DVD seem to be for T30 ONLY!
Correct me if I am wrong.

Anybody seen/heard of 2010 DVD for 08 X Trail?

(my dealer didn't think it existed when I asked him to get me the new 2010 DVD as I was trying to bargain down the price for my neeeewuuuu :mrgreen: 08 X Trail)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Vandy said:
Would this updated disc work with my 2006 model?
My understanding is 2006 is T30 hence, it should work.

Correct me if I am wrong guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ncs said:
Vandy said:
Would this updated disc work with my 2006 model?
My understanding is 2006 is T30 hence, it should work.

Correct me if I am wrong guys.
There are two systems available with updates from Nissan for the T30.
1) Birdview DVD European Map Version X6.0 P/N KE288-9996X-08 - Release Date Jan 2010.
Two disc system, Map DVD & Program CD (P/N 25920-BA07A) - Two new discs are required for update.
2) Birdview DVD European Map Version X7.0 (P/N KE288-9997X-09 - Release Date Jan 2010.
One disc system.
I think the change over from X6.0 to X7.0 was late 2005.
Kind regards.
Gordon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have asked the dealer for the latest SatNav DVD for my X Trail, but not quite sure what if any IS the latest version :smile: .

Please advise me.
The X Trail is 2008 (Aventura Explorer Extreme).
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ncs said:
I have asked the dealer for the latest SatNav DVD for my X Trail, but not quite sure what if any IS the latest version :smile: .

Please advise me.
Thank you.
There was a new 2010 SatNav DVD released for the T31 in March/April.

Your dealer should know all about it - the update cost is around £125.

Mine upgraded easily - just take out the old disk and pop on the new. :biggrin:

·
Registered
706 Posts
John Willett said:
ncs said:

Please advise me.
Thank you.
There was a new 2010 SatNav DVD released for the T31 in March/April.

Your dealer should know all about it - the update cost is around £125.

Mine upgraded easily - just take out the old disk and pop on the new. :biggrin:
I have been in touch with john at holdcroft, he told me that if you remove the old disc there will be either x6 or x7 on it , obvoiusly thats the copy you require

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have just enquired on the qashqai forum and the people on there sayy the 2010 models have post code, i know that most nissans use the same disc, as the qashqai and x trail are the same disc on e bay,so i would assume that the answer is yes, but not 100% sure , best ring up the dealer

·
Registered
706 Posts
Help
i am after trying to remove the sat nav disk, i cannot find anything in the owners manual
could some kind person explain how to eject it , thankyou
dave
ps, i only want to find out what number it is so i can order a 2010 disc

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
daveyboy said:
Help
i am after trying to remove the sat nav disk, i cannot find anything in the owners manual
dave
It's in the glove compartment - press the eject button on the unit an the disk is ejected - it really ~is~ as simple as that.

·
Registered
706 Posts
John Willett said:
daveyboy said:
Help
dave
It's in the glove compartment - press the eject button on the unit an the disk is ejected - it really ~is~ as simple as that.
thanks John, i realised thet yesterday afternoon, i was trying to remove a disk from the cd player, i thought the glove compartment as the 6 stacker, as i tried to load some cds into it

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.