Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I have 3 lights on on my dashands. ESP, antI skid and 4wd. All in amber. The diagnostic machine is highlighting a 4wd drive actuator relay fault. Can anyone tell me where this is or what the problem may be. Just to confirm it's 2009 t31 diesel.

·
Super Moderator
3,186 Posts
There is no 4wd relay in the system. Is is powered from Intelligent Power Distribution Mudule-IPDM via a 10A fuse nr 59. Ithe IPDM is under the air Intake pipe, before the air filter. Some fuses are on top, some are underside the IPDM. The 4wd controller needs sidnals from the ABS module too. Please check it too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here's a couple of pix of the IPDM you might find useful.

As mentioned previously, the Intelligent Power Distribution Module is under the air intake pipe, and has to be 'flipped' over to gain access to the relevant fuses and relays.

Fuse 59 bottom right of the pic - just obscured by my hand!

I've also attached a PDF of the circuit involving the same fuse.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so I thought I would give you an update after all the help and advice

-All relays/fuses checked....no problems
-All wiring from the 4wd control unit checked.....no problems

I unplugged to 4wd control unit for a few mins then re-connected it. To my amazement this seems to have worked the amber lights on the dash bard have gone and the fault has cleared itself on the auto data diagnostics. There is part of me that is thinking the fault could develop again but I once had a similar problem with my keyless system when it just got a bit confused and needed a reset.
2 days in and everything is still OK.
Thanks again you help was much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
3,186 Posts
Maybe it was connector pin fitment issue. I had similar issue with the Ecu, car stalled when outside temp was below -5c. Disconnected the ecu connectors, plasted with contact cleaner and no problems at -16c.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.