Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, hope you can help.

I bought a 53 2004 xtrail in April and so far have had no problems at all.

Until last night I've switched from 2wd to auto quite often but I've not left it in auto for any length of time. Last night due to the rain we were driving back to London from bath on the m4 and I put her in auto. Averaging 80-85. After about 5 mins the 4wd warnignlight began it's slow flash. I switched to 2wd and carried on but when acceling it would flash where normally it would just kick into 4wd to pull.

On getting home I read the manual and then took her out for a slow drive in 4wd around the military base i live on, including a little off road and there were no problems and no flashing light.

I checked all the tyre pressures etc.

I took her up to a an empty car park and drove in circles (too fast) and she was perfect, like it was on rails.

So my question is, are you supposed to drive in auto at speed or for long distance, air permanently?

Has anyone had the same issue?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link to the pdf. Very useful, i coul not find that in te manual! I think I need to sort the tires out first then.

Presumably if took it to someone who jnows Their stuff they would tell me to do that first? Or would Nissan just plug it into a computer and be able to tell what the problem is?

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
jrpippen said:
Thanks for the link to the pdf. Very useful, i coul not find that in te manual! I think I need to sort the tires out first then.

Presumably if took it to someone who jnows Their stuff they would tell me to do that first? Or would Nissan just plug it into a computer and be able to tell what the problem is?
There's nothing wrong with your XT, that's normal if you've got uneven tyre wear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.