Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not had x trail very long but i have noticed when slowing down to turn it changes down to 1st gear,if i then want to accelerate away no probs at all.But if i want to go very gentley because i am on a housing estate and dont want to scare the kids it revs up to 3000 before it changes to 2nd so people look at you as if you are an idiot. i have taken it to the dealer and they say its normal...i disagree...anyone else have this problem??? thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this is an old one, but I was looking through old stuff looking for this very problem. I have exactly the same symptoms - if I accelerate gently away from a near stop, it seems reluctant to change up. Moving away from rest is OK -it changes normally. I also find it a bit reluctant to change up to 6th after a change down for overtaking at 60 or so mph - if I lift off it'll change and then I can accelerate OK.I haven't had my car long and I have learnt to live with these peculiarities and if your Nissan Dealer says that it's normal -great!! Strange though!
BK. :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
exactly the same as mine but local dealer say its ok but i disagree but thats as far as you get..so i am going to swap it for a manual model..car is exellent auto gearbox is rubbish and the dealers dont know what they are doing with them !!!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Mine changes gear up to second at about 1600 /1800 rpm, as for the 6th gear mine normally kicks in above 70mph, so if I am cruising on a motorway/empty single carriageway I normally change it manually

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.