Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying a brand new X Trail 2.0 dCi, base model option (Trek or SE I think), it includes the standard Nissan new car warranty.; this is being sold by Nissan dealer in Stoke; the vehicle has originated from Ireland and has just 11 miles on the clock. No ESP, no trip computer, no fog lights. Is it worth it at £15k or should I spend on a pre-owned better spec model? I was originally going for an older model with leather and satnav etc. It is a personal choice of course but some members may have an opinion to help me out; I'd really prefer to have cruise control but for the sake of a new vehicle, I can live without this and things like the trip computer and fogs.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hi spud, welcome to the forum, if you are happy with the 15 k price then buy it, just have a look at what 15k will buy you second hand,if you can manage with out fogs, esp, and trip computer, you could add fog lamps after you buy it, a good buy in my eyes

·
Registered
210 Posts
i would want to know why it being sold after only 11 miles its hardly even done a test drive why would someone buy it not drive it and then sell it? or is it a internal nissan stock swap or something.
I dont have fogs or leather seats or trip computer and makes no odds to me. I dont like the sat nav anyway and prefer to use the tom tom unit. Iv never yet thought i wish i had got the higher model.
Hope you get what you want.
Harry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't buy it in the end; apart from it being the basic model (manufactured Feb 2008) it was also only two wheel drive. I didn't see the point really. But part of me still says I should have gone for it in order to have the new car with 3 year warranty; many pros and cons, a nice vehicle to drive for sure; I was especially disappointed in the quality of the rear seat cushions (not the seat backs)! Very flimsy. Vehicle was from some sort of dealer swap as it had come in from Ireland as part of a large exchange on this model and spec. Loved the boot and drawer though. Will look for a used version as I was well over the budget I'd set myself but it was worth a look. Never faced such a tough decision really.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.