Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As yesterday was such a lovely day, I had the roof fully open. It started raining at 2200 last night & of course when I went to the beast this morning the roof was still open & the car was very wet. The rain has even got behind the head lining & was dripping down the windscreen on the inside. It has all been thoroughly dried out & aired now. Thank the Lord for a dry afternoon.

Apart from being a silly old sod, what a pity that there is no warning to let the driver know a window or the roof has been left open.
:( :bigcry:

·
Registered
706 Posts
i bet you wont be doing it again Tatey, i left one of the windows open in my van one winter, there was about an 1" of snow on the passenger seat in the morning, i have never left a window open since

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Tatey - sorry to hear about your damp patch!
I've just looked up the (un)offical Nissan user manual and apparently there is a self diagnostic check for the window & sunroof opening/closing - methods are as follows:

Sunroof opening and closing diagnostic check:
When you stop the car, turn off the engine and apply the handbrake but keep the key in the ignition. Before opening any of the doors or windows, slide your body up on the drivers seat and with a hard and forceful motion, throw your head and neck up as far and as fast as possible. If your head tw*ts against the sun roof then it's closed. If however, your head keeps travelling in an upwards direction and you find you have a clear view of the outside of your vehicle, then your sunroof is open.

Windows opening and closing diagnostic check:
When you stop the car, turn off the engine, apply the handbrake but keep the key in the ignition. Before opening any door, centralize your seating position between the drivers and passengers seat (which may require sitting on the central armrest) and clench your fists. Now throw your right arm out (additional rightwards leaning may be required depending on length of arm) as fast and as hard as you can. If you find that your hand moved freely to the outside of your vehicle then your front right hand window is open. If you **** your knuckles against the glass then the window is closed. Repeat the technique for the front left hand window. Leaning backwards, repeat the above technique for each of the rear windows.
Thank you for purchasing your Nissan X Trail and we hope you have many hours of enjoyment with it.

Hope this may be of assistance, after all - we're all here to help each other!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DAVEYBOY --- I hate to "Black Cat" your story, but a mate of mine left the pub in North Wales one night to find deep snow outside & as he lived up a small mountain decided his brand new Rover would not make it, so he abandoned it in the road.
Next morning the road was clear as the snow plough had been through, unfortunately, my mate had left the drivers window open, so several cubic metres of snow had been forced fed into the car!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Tatey - always glad to be of assistance!

Nothing to do with rain but years ago I had a Vectra that had a bad over-heating problem. Was up in Yorkshire and the car was throwing out steam like a train. Stopped the car and lifted the bonnet - steam everywhere and I had no water. Walked for about 2 miles and got some water from a farm - brilliant farmer by the way who even gave me a left back to my car. Turned out this was just as well as when we got to the car, someone had nicked the battery, the oil filler cap, ONE windscreen wiper arm and took of the V6 badge from the boot with what must have been a screw driver and a hammer! My fault for leaving the bonnet up but I was in the middle of no-where and when I'd left the car the only living souls around were the sheep. Farmer then towed my car to a garage for me - what a star.
With age we learn - hopefully?

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Vandy said:
Hi Tatey - always glad to be of assistance!

Nothing to do with rain but years ago I had a Vectra that had a bad over-heating problem. Was up in Yorkshire and the car was throwing out steam like a train. Stopped the car and lifted the bonnet - steam everywhere and I had no water. Walked for about 2 miles and got some water from a farm - brilliant farmer by the way who even gave me a left back to my car. Turned out this was just as well as when we got to the car, someone had nicked the battery, the oil filler cap, ONE windscreen wiper arm and took of the V6 badge from the boot with what must have been a screw driver and a hammer! My fault for leaving the bonnet up but I was in the middle of no-where and when I'd left the car the only living souls around were the sheep. Farmer then towed my car to a garage for me - what a star.
With age we learn - hopefully?
Vandy, you've got to watch those Yorkshire sheep they're a bad lot especially that Shaun I bet it was him.

Here's a photo watch out for him when your on the Yorkshire moors
:lol:
shaun-the-sheep-relaxed.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Umbongo

You're right - he looks a bit dodgy. If you see him can you ask why he only took the one wiper - that's always bothered me!
Next time I go up to Yorkshire I'll take my dog :lol:

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.