Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you all.
Circumstances made me take the following decision. My wife drives a Nissan Almera. A red 1.5 Sport. Nice car, has all the features like electric windows, remote control locks, etc. But now, it's 10 years old. I told in another discussion about the air that got out of the tires by them self. Big problem. At least we fitted other wheels and tires. Fine, but... My darling wife drove with it to work and came back with broken brakes. The garage just had them cleaned and greased. But... no good. Took it apart again en saw - or better - told us, that new brakes were the only solution. Front and back. Sh*!* "Costs very much dollar ******..."
Yep, I know 'bout the costs. Mr. Garageman. Too high actually!! The car is 10 years old, I told you before. Think, think, what to do. We walked through the showroom
(The garage is a not brand garage, repairs every car, but the most French cars and old-timers. Just a mile from our house!) We saw a lot of nice cars. Peugeot, Citroen, cabrio's, brakes, old timers, etc. But, júst in the corner there was a nice looking red car. A bit of an aggressive look, low, sporty, wide and attractive.
Open the door. Very good-looking sport-seats! Adjustable in many ways. Small leather steering wheel with lots of buttons on it. 3 LED screens. Climate control l/r. Automatic: almost everything, light, wipers, inner mirror. Classy car...!
Wife gets in. Wow, what a seats! Garagist comes and starts telling 'bout the car. Voice command for radio, telephone, cornering lights, outside-mirrors flap to the car when locking the doors, cruise control (For three different speeds) heated seats and mirrors, special windscreen with gold in it (heat resistance) airbags all over the place (curtain front and back too) Separate (from other heating) defogging system. Part of the instruments is ON the steering wheel. The middle of it does not turn when steering. Nice! We got excited and went for a drive. She gets in (After all, it's for her) and drives with it like that. Suits her very, very well. Like a glove she says. Slowly we drive through the village. She must get used to the car of course.
The highway. Well, 180 horses under the pedal will do, surely. 8.5 sec. to 100 km/u is very good... Man, this is a monster! Corners are handled very, very well, car is even very comfortable (for instance, the bumpy traffic bums are taken very well) is not noisy at all, great! After an hour we went back to the garage. (Yes, I drove it as well. But it's for my wife I told you!)
We began to bargain. Took us half an hour to get even. After the fight (grin) he gives me back a fair price (including the brakes) pays for half the price for the new Almera wheels, puts on side-wind screens, better headlight bulbs and puts in a MP3 player and makes her nice an shiny. And takes that awfull spoiler from the back!
But now (I guess...) you all want to know what car we bought! Well, let's take away the tense. A Citroen C-4 VTS+ just 4 years young, only 55.000 kms. I'm a happy man (Ow... sh*!* is for the wife. For the wife! Damn...)
See the picture (And that's all what's left for me too... Yes it's HER car. Hers....)

Just for them who wanna know it all: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/drivin ... 507708.ece

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hey Wimbo you old dog - VERY NICE CAR :thumbs:
Think you should suggest to your wife that you drive it around a lot to make sure it's all OK :lol: :lol:

Well done mate - safe and happy driving.
PS. I sent you a PM the other day.

All the best
Vandy

·
Registered
485 Posts
hey wimbo really nice car..i moved to my xtey from a citroen and really rate all their stuff. my xtey of course is great and does for me what my citroen never could (tows 2000kg).
but keeping the wife happy priceless man

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.