Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank God for A.B.S.! Yesterday the driver of an articulated lorry tried to end my life by turning across my path at traffic lights. The lights were on green in my favour & he was stationary, signalling to turn across when clear. I was approaching at the legal speed of 30 M.P.H. when I noticed the cab of his lorry do that little move that they do when power is applied. He was probably 30-40 feet in front of me, when he became suicidal & just turned across my path. Hitting the brakes & waiting to hear the screech of tyres, I felt the brake pedal doing it's duty & not allowing the wheels to lock, so no noise, no drama & I came to a halt as this dimwit continued his move & went on his way. The X-Trail had stopped perfectly & in time without stalling, so I proceeded on my way (cursing) It took quite a while for my pulse rate to return to normal though!
Good job I have just had the vehicle serviced, including MOT test & new front tyres. I was just returning home from having the tracking checked as well, which was perfect. :bow:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Its a good job everything worked ok then Tatey, i suppose the hgv driver just drove on oblivious to what had happened, mind most of them just indicate and pull out regardless of whats behind them

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He can't have not seen me. I was a little shocked & stunned at what had nearly happened, so I didn't follow him, but if I had been in Houston, I would have & shot him !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.