Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

right where to start after owning many cars i had a couple of astra diesels after
going on a few forums (astra.net and astra owners club) i read a post about some guys putting two stroke oil in with the diesel saying it made the a lot noisey when running so
i thought ill give it a go and... it did make it alot less noisey a noticable differance overall
with no damage done after all its only a lubricant
so now i have a xtrail 2.2 diesel i did the same half a pint to a full tank of diesel
and after a short trip on the moterway the car seems a fair bit quieter just thought i would
pass this info on any more info req go to the forums listed and have alook
ps im not resposable for any damage done to your veihicle.... just to add im on my 3rd tank of fuel with no probs just a quieter running engine

·
Registered
55 Posts
hi, tyson just wondered if the 2 stroke was still going ok- just been reading some other forums about noisey engine when cold cures mine seems to be getting worse so was thinking about giving it a go. Has any one else used 2 stroke??

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I found that the Millers diesel additive did the same type of noise reduction on my last car (Mazda 6) but I dare not use it on the T31 because of the DPF.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have found using BP Ultimate diesel makes a massive difference to the running of the engine.
The X-trail engine is quiet for a diesel engine, and on start up it sounds like my works L200, the difference is the L200 always sounds noisy.
I just wonder what the long term effects of using two stroke oil would have on the fuel pump and egr valve.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
chrisuk said:
I found that the Millers diesel additive did the same type of noise reduction on my last car (Mazda 6) but I dare not use it on the T31 because of the DPF.
The noise I get, including the T31, is when I fill up with plonk fuel (Glener) on the Isle of Mull, this is where millers made the difference.
Normally I never use plonk fuel - supermarkets etc. and don't have a problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
posbyjohn said:
i am interested in the members veiws on this as my 2.2dci sounds like a bag of spanners when warming up and takes about 10 miles to quiten down
i would not do it,might stuff up your sensor[oxy,etc].some diesels are more noisy than others depending on ambient temp also.my t31 is noisy on startup[compared with a petrol engine] but not enough to cause concern. our outside temp. ranges from 20 to 32 degrees c .regards gromit2011.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.