Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked through the site for some advice and although there are bits and bobs most have come to a dead end so far.

My car is a 54 plate DCI Sport, I need to fit roof bars but having followed links through the Thule site they say none of there fitments match I would like to get bars that fit correctly and don't just clamp on but bolt on.

I would also like to fit some side steps to help when a. loading the roof bars and b. loading the new baby into the back seat. Are there any recommended form ebay or else where.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi richie
I posted a link to ebay for some side steps the other day but can't remember now if they would have been for your model?
I looked into roof bars - had to get a set for my wifes RAV4 - got them from a company called Leisure Shack together with a Thule top box. Problem now is I need a set of roof bars for mine - this is getting expensive! I could only find Nissan roof bars as unlike the Rav type that clamp onto the rails, the X Trail bars get screwed on. Hopefully someone will post a link to another make that will fit as I had no luck finding any.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Vandy

The only ones I have found that look like they will fit properly are these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

The others seem to avoid the use of the exsisting front to back roof bars not really the point I feel. The only worry I have with these is they only seem to use one of the screw holes. Hopefully some one will have a set and can recomend or warn off.

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
richie244 said:
I have looked through the site for some advice and although there are bits and bobs most have come to a dead end so far.

My car is a 54 plate DCI Sport, I need to fit roof bars but having followed links through the Thule site they say none of there fitments match I would like to get bars that fit correctly and don't just clamp on but bolt on.

I would also like to fit some side steps to help when a. loading the roof bars and b. loading the new baby into the back seat. Are there any recommended form ebay or else where.

Thanks in advance.
richie, do you have roof lights or just rails ?...................

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Umbongo got those on my watch list now and if they go to silly money then the others are fall backs. At least I was looking at the right sort of thing not to hard to get up to speed with these X trail things. (he says before attempting to fix his Air con)

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
richie244 said:
Cheers Umbongo got those on my watch list now and if they go to silly money then the others are fall backs. At least I was looking at the right sort of thing not to hard to get up to speed with these X trail things. (he says before attempting to fix his Air con)
richie, your baby seat is more important bit of equipment that you need to fit, when you got your X-Trail did you get an owners handbook with it because it tells you the fitting options for child seats in it.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Be aware that the square roof bars are quite wind noisy. My Nissan (read Thule) oval alloy bars that fit to the roof light side bars are very quiet.

Meanwhile --- back to the "Myers" !!! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.