Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

Ive not long had my 04 SVE, I love it, but the single Nissan fit head unit fitted below the sat nav is a bit rubbish :bigcry: (my last motor had a BOSE system!!!) :bow:

Ive seen a cracking single head unit with all the bells & :whistle: however the existing unit looks as if it can't be changed!!!

Can any1 advise??

Cheers

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi martyw.77,

You will need to remove the fascia surround. The best way to do this is to pry the bottom part away first using a screwdriver covered in a cloth to avoid scratching. Then I find it best to use your bare hands and pull it slowly until you have disconnected all the clips. Then you need to unplug the 4wd rotary plug, sat nav connector, hazard flasher plug and the heater controls. they all have small holding clips which are best pushed out with a thin bladed screwdriver. once off you can see four screws, possibly torx type depends if they have been changed. you can then slide out the audio unit and get to the wires, etc to do the swap. Then just put it all back together how you found it.
What head unit you putting in? Any chance of taking some photos. I am thinking of changing the whole sat nav system for a Kenwood unit, just need to get hold of a double din fascia so I can put back the OEM system if I ever sell it.

Jamie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Jamie,

I'm not spending a fortune so ive been looking at a Warfedale WH180 Bluetooth CD.
Comes with USB input for iPod, Bluetooth connection for mobile hands free (speaker in built)
and SD Card reader for more tunes!! Ive read loads of reviews on this head unit and its rated very high especially the hands free. I'll let you know when I get it done!

Thanks again for the detailed info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts