Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
both both and rear doors use 17cm speakers but require a adapter/spacer to fit both sets. i used my old corsa adapters and drilled and then screwed them in, fit perfectly!! remember while your doing that you may as well sound proof the whole door panel otherwise it can give off a rattle or two when you start turning it up.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi hglennie

I thought the speakers were 165mm front and rear? Speaker replacement is my next task I think and wondered if I should be using 3 way in the rear and 2 way in the front as I already have tweeters in the dash - will probably upgrade these though. What do you think - good idea or should the both the rear and fronts be 3 way and keep the dash tweeters too?
Cheers. Am looking for more mid range and worried that too many tweeters will give yoo much top end?

·
Registered
210 Posts
yeah it doesnt make much difference if its 16.5cm or 17cm but i put 17cm kenwood two way speakers in both front and back and its more worth while upgrading the dash tweeters than geting three way speakers (the third tweeter cone in the three way speaker dont make much difference), because it raises the sound stage and sounds much clearer. the oem tweeters are rubbish compared to the kenwood or vibe replacements. if your worried it will have too much high end then on the tweeter crossover use the -3db output (that will make sence when you see it)
Harry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.