Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we keep inventing!
All about sate-stick, X-Trail and lifting things up.
Everyone with an X-Trail, has to lift up sometimes the trunk bottom-plate. This is a ABS plate that's heavy and uneasy to lift for a long time. You can get it out, but sometimes you wanna leave it there and then you have to put your head under it to keep it up while you are busy in the booth. No more. From the beginning I thought 'bout a solution to keep it up. And I've found what I was looking for. See and listen
Things you need to do this
Scissors, one meter of strong, thin rope (Brick-layers rope) 4 elastic bands (Ask your postman) a drill (3 mm) a keen eye and two key-ropes, sate stick
First I got two key-ropes (The ones you put on your neck) and get of the locks (see picture) Then I drilled a tiny hole in the edges (front-side) of the bottom-plate.
Put the rope through it. That's were the sate sticks come in. Use them to push the rope through the tiny hole. Knot the slots at the rope. At the plate (back-side) there is a piece of plastic to keep the plate in place. Put one side of the rubber band behind it. It will hold itself. Put one band to this band to make it longer. Do this on each side (Totally four bands)
Now the hard part. In the left and right corner, above the back seats, there a steel eye (sealing) They are very strong, so you can use the to put the slots at them. Keep the plate now completely up, put the slots on the eyes. Be precise to where the rope gets through the plate. Right there you make some knots in the rope at the under-side of the plate, so the rope will not come further than over there. Now, get the plate out again and turn it. At the under-side, you just put the elastic bands. Now knot the rope on the elastic bands, just there, where the elastics pulls the rope completely back. Be sure you have that much left, the ropes will come out completely to fit them to the steel eyes. Try this first. If this not fit, make the rope a little longer. That's it. Done. The only thing you see is two tiny slots in the booth. You can even put them away under the tiny lids left and right. Thank you, you may donate… My bank-number is 65********

Note: for now, the pictures are on my gallery!

I've put the pictures in my album. :thumbs:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.