Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 59 reg. T31 X-Trail.

I will regularly take it on winter trips to Central Europe and don't want to keep swapping over to winter tyres.

I have seen the new Vredestein Quatrac SUV advertised in Auto Express recently and it does have the winter tyre "snow" mark to make it a legal winter tyre.

Has anyone any experience of these?

Or can recommend a better all season Tyre with winter certification?

Many thanks.

John

(PS: sorry the link seems to be in German, I *did* copy the URL from the English version)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, I'm running Vredestein Quadrac 4 Extreme 235/55R17 on a T31. They are rated M&S and are a full winter tyre with special rubber compound. Checked with Vredestein who said they are good for all year use. Have to say they are fantastic in the snow, had them on all summer as well both here and in Europe. Very impressed, much better all round than the factory fit Dunlops which frankly are rubbish. I paid under £500 fitted for all four. The recommended pressures are not what you would expect at 35psi front and 38psi rear, these pressures do work well, curing the dreaded understeer. Although 235's the speedo readings are not effected according to my TomTom.

Hope this helps. Regards: Kelba 1946

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi John, pleased that my reply was helpful.

When I changed my Dunlops two of them had 6mm of tread left so I tried selling them on Ebay, got £152.00 for them. You don't necessarily have to put up with the rubbish Dunlops!

Regards: Kelba 1946.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I wouldn't say the Dunlops were rubbish, they saw me through the recent snow & ice without the slightest problem, in fact when other cars were getting completely stuck on ice, the Dunlops moved me off without any wheel spin, and thats in auto, not lock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,I own a 08 "new" so called ,X_TRAIL (T31 as you might call it in England because I'm from Greece) with factory Dunlop which now count 50,000km. Though I faced not any problems I feel like it's time to change them. You think I really have to and what could be the best option especially since I join some off-road excursions at The Greek mountains? I do apologise for my terrible English but I would really like to be a member of the company.Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.