Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the country is in freefall recession and thefts will be on the rise I am thinking of putting locking wheel nuts on the factory fitted alloys that came with my T30.

I have new tyres fitted and the cost of replacing new alloys & tyres would be frightening.

Question is what to go for? ....are there good and bad ones?....which are best?

When fitting locking nuts can they affect the wheel balance?......will I have to go and have all wheels re-balanced after fitting?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The type of locking nuts on my xtrail are the same as the ones on my old Mazda 6. On that I had one shear (they don't look very well made) a tyre shop got it off faily easily by hammering on a socket then undoing. ruined the socket which they charged me for, but it made me wonder if they are worth the trouble.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Had exactly the same trouble with a puegeot sharing off and that had to be drilled out - the socket would not stick on when hammered...

My tyre fitters said that the locking nut on current xt was nice and strong so not too worried now - are they worth it, don't know, won't theives simply steal the motor rather than just wheels????

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Robbo said:
My tyre fitters said that the locking nut on current xt was nice and strong so not too worried now - are they worth it, don't know, won't theives simply steal the motor rather than just wheels????

Rob
My wife has a Toyota Starlet & thieves stole the car, drove it around the corner to the local school, which was empty as it was the weekend, and they stole the hatchback lift up door!!

Police located car fairly quickly & when I went to collect it I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the rear hatchback door removed!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Manguard are one of the best,i have 2 sets on my x trail both work well cost about £40 new, i also have a set for a T30 X Trail for sale if any body is interested?.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts