Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody fitted an alternative Nissan wheel to a T31, something from a Qashqai maybe in 16 or 17 inch to use for the winter with winter tyres on?
I'm running 225x 55x18 on my 2012 Tekna edition but was looking for maybe a set of 16 or 17 inch wheels, maybe slightly narrower for mounting some winter tyres to. Does anything else fit straight on that I could maybe buy from a breakers and just clean up and fit new tyres to?
Cheers

·
Registered
588 Posts
16" or 17" T30 Xtrail wheels fit as they are same .I have a spare set of 17" T30 wheels-tyres for my T31 ,unfortunately they are fitted with normal road tyres .You might very well get a set from a breakers yard and if so buy the 16" T30 wheels as more of a choice of All terrain type tyres for that size.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was told the T30 and T31 wheels have a different hole centre size so they don't fit, apparently the offset is slightly different too but that doesn't affect them? Which T30 wheels do you have, have you had them in use?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Why not do like me and fit all season tyres?? I have Vredestein Quatrac and they have been superb in every kind of weather with no apparent trade-off. They've still got 5mm on them after 25k miles on tuned 2011 Facelift Tekna running 225/55 x 18's. I've been on muddy building sites, snow and flooded roads no issues. They also hold well in summer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why not do like me and fit all season tyres?? I have Vredestein Quatrac and they have been superb in every kind of weather with no apparent trade-off. They've still got 5mm on them after 25k miles on tuned 2011 Facelift Tekna running 225/55 x 18's. I've been on muddy building sites, snow and flooded roads no issues. They also hold well in summer.
I like the thinking behind the all season tyres but getting hold of a set at the moment at a reasonable price is quite difficult, lots of places have no stock. Also the smaller wheels mean smaller cheaper tyres and narrower ones offer superior snow grip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts