Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 57 plate 2.0D 173 X-Trail Aventura Explorer Extreme which comes with a very annoying rattle :headbang: I've pinpointed down to the mechanism for reclining the rear passenger back rest, no matter which setting of incline I put the back rest in it rattles, when I start the engine it rattles, when I drive over bumps it rattles.

I've tried to see why as the offside doesn't have this problem, has anyone else had a similar rattle and if so any help would be greatly appreciated :bow:

Cheers
Bambus

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sounds like the pin for the adjustment is a little too thin so allowing play with in the incline settings, which in turn will rattle when moving etc....sounds like a return to mainstealer to fit new pin.

Rob

G

·
Hi Bambus,
I too seem to have a problem with this rattle. Only seems to come on when someone has sat on the seat. I just release the seat and lock it back into place and this cures it. Not a great fix I know and will mention this at the first service. Let me know if you have any joy with the pin change,

Cheers

Ian

G

·
How common is this problem and has the dealer fixed it under warranty? If so, did they replace the pin/rod?
My wife's X-Trail has this problem and the dealer said that he had not heard of it before and there is no Nissan technical bulletin about this.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Bambus & madgolfer,

Just turn the top of the pin as if you are tightening a screw until it stops.
The rod has a threaded end on it where it joins the seat reclining pin and it has probably unscrewed a little so needs tightening.

G

·
Revhead Kev said:
Bambus & madgolfer,

Just turn the top of the pin as if you are tightening a screw until it stops.
The rod has a threaded end on it where it joins the seat reclining pin and it has probably unscrewed a little so needs tightening.
Thanks, but I just tightened the pin and it made no difference. There is still more movement of the nearside seat than the offside seat and it still rattles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi - was there ever a resolution to this found? I have the same issue on my 06 T30 - I tightened the pin (nearside one was quite loose actually) but it still rattles. The only solution I have at the moment is to push it hard back against the dog-guard (fully back position) where it then cannot move because it has the dog-guard pushing against it. I'd like proper solution though...

Cheers!

John.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts