Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have just fitted a new audio system to my x-trail however the radio reception is bad, I think I need to reconnect power to the antenna but can't find where the power is supplied from, Can any one please help. I have a 2003 2.2 SVE TD. Or can I just fit a standard roof mount antenna?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi

Can't answer your question I'm afraid but I would like to know which sound system you fitted and did you have to get any additional connections? Any pics of your upgrade?

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
rfinch23 said:
Hi there,

I have just fitted a new audio system to my x-trail however the radio reception is bad, I think I need to reconnect power to the antenna but can't find where the power is supplied from, Can any one please help. I have a 2003 2.2 SVE TD. Or can I just fit a standard roof mount antenna?
How have you joined the wires at the radio?.............................did you use one the iso leads kits to covert from the Nissan radio unit or have you just cut into the wires?
Also what radio have you installed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Given you have both selected this model from eonon range, is that because it is the best or most cost effective. It looks like it does not have the option to connect an ipod or run gps?

Can this model accomodate a reversing camera?

Looking over the internet it appears to be a commonish problem with the radio signal strength on an x-trail. There are a couple of things that are repeatedly mentioned;

Check and consider replacement of the antenna.
Boosters dont always work

If you do get a response about the power connection it will be useful to me too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This was the most cost effective for me, as I do not need the ipod or GPS. eonon do another model that does the ipod and GPS and it is not a lot more. The model I have can have a camera added though.

Yes I have several options at present ref the antenna reception.
1. Change the antenna - a bit of a big job as the inside roof will have to come out.
2. See if I can find and check the power source for the factory fitted antenna.
3. Check all earthing.
4. Try an adaptor mentioned in this post.

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
rfinch23 said:
This was the most cost effective for me, as I do not need the ipod or GPS. eonon do another model that does the ipod and GPS and it is not a lot more. The model I have can have a camera added though.

Yes I have several options at present ref the antenna reception.
1. Change the antenna - a bit of a big job as the inside roof will have to come out.
2. See if I can find and check the power source for the factory fitted antenna.
3. Check all earthing.
4. Try an adaptor mentioned in this post.
The head lining may not have to come completely out as you may be able to just drop the front section so as to get to the power connector.

info question 2

View attachment Binder1.pdf

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Traced the red and yellow lead for the antenna and spliced into the cable and connected it to a 12 volt source, All is now working, Thanks every body for your advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts