Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Has anyone heard of early clutch failure on new xtrail,s ...from 28k?... been reading of this problem on web & seems new style clutch is not up to job?....any comments. bit worried, own a 2008 arctix sports adventure, done 18k, thought i would get 70-80k. love car but worried as this would spoil it. Rob (new member).

·
Registered
5 Posts
:bigcry: Hi I have just got back my 56 plate x trail 2.2 dci columbia and had a new clutch at 35k the center plate broke off and all the rivets broke so going through a warrenty claim at the moment .

Went out for the first time with the caravan since it had a new clutch and again noticed a smell when trying to reverse with the van, need to find out if Nissan have ever had a recall on this problem.

We brought becuase of its good wright ups for towing , hope this helps

·
Registered
210 Posts
yeah the xtrails certainly good at towing i dont get any smell from my clutch when reversing you could check the caravan brakes as they might lock on if the auto reverse part on the hitch fails.. obv making it hard to reverse (but you wouldnt feel it in a xtrail) does it only smell when towing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts