Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am looking to get a 2005 \ 2006 2.5 petrol X-Trail, originally I wanted to get a manual but have just seen a very good condition Automatic and am not sure now!

Can anyone please advise of any issues there have been with Auto's, drawbacks, effects to resale value? What are peoples opinions? Should I hold out for a Manual?
:whistle:

Many Thanks

Justin

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Justin. I've got a 2.5 Aventura auto and love it. I do a really good mix of town and motorway driving (quite high annual mileage) and find the auto great. Must admit I would prefer a 5 or 6 speed sequential box but hey ho? Good point about towing but if you don't plan doing any then the auto is very good. You'll need to check the data but I know mine is in the high road tax bracket (£415.00 a year) and you may find the manual is less as will have lower emmisions - this is the case with my wifes RAV 4 - if she had an auto it would have gone up to £415.00 too. Hope this helps? Vandy.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi again Justin. Have just looked up the data for you. The 2.5 auto is road tax band L so £405 per year (sorry I said £415) but the 2.5 manual is band K so £245 per year. But: if you go for a 2006 with an 06 plate or earlier the band is lower (£245) so it may be worth not getting newer than a 2006 on an 06 plate? Just a thought?
Have re-read this and wonder how many times I need to say 2006 or 06? Well, it's late and I'm an old duffer. :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.