Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
by far so far the worst thing is the rediculous nissan DPF system (diesel particulate filter), anyone considering buying one should bare this in mind, its mind numbingly infuriating, i have the 173bhp 2008, it simply is not designed for local or town driving although this is not pointed out at purchase or enquiry, after a short while if driven around normally the dpf light will trigger, if you continue it will trigger the mil light, and eventually go into limp home mode and not pull the skin of your mothers best rice pudding. thus resulting in a visit to mr nissan who wants to charge you for what can only be descibed as a design fualt. fortunately my wifes is still under warranty and after much shouting they did nt charge me. but having said that the plus is, its roomy enough for 2 kids,a dogadouble push chair and when running correctly it pulls like a train and the intelegent 4 wheel drive is a riot in the wet. curiousity leads me to ask if anyone else has had similar trouble?

Diesel.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine is a T30 but:

Best:
Comfortable seats
Good ride
Spacious - front, rear (I have had no complaints with 4 adults) and huge boot. I can get my snowboard in across the boot :D

Worst:
Noisy when cold
CD player skips when cold

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Worst:
Only tilting steering wheel - no reach adjustment
Headlight washers come on with windcreen stalk control when lights are on - even though there is a seperate switch?!
No flick wipe - only flick wash!
Rear wiper parks on wrong side so full width wipe is on passenger side
Only a 4 speed auto box (think newer models have 5 speed?)
Boot light in roof above parcel shelf so boot always in shadow either from the shelf or my head - will be fiting lights below shelf soon and/or in rear door.
Reversing lights too high and not very bright - may fit additional reversing light in bumper.
Ventilation - in this weather find it hard to stop windscreen misting up - use the air con and this sorts it out.

Best:
Comfort, practicality, ability in snow, lovely light steering, great load area, ride height, just about everything. Having had 2 C Class Mercs and recently changed my BMW 3 series touring for an X Trail I wouldn't go back to a car - the BMW was like a fair ground ride in the ice/snow - not even amusing let alone funny. Miss the sequential gearbox and engine though but the X Trail wins every time for me - fully converted now and love it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Best - reliability and dealer service (Fred Coupe, Preston)

Worst - depreciation values

I've found that this vehicle has performed very well over the 4 years that Ive owned it. I bought it as a 10 year purchase and with a full Nissan service history, my local dealership are very attentive and take good care of me and the car whenever I go into the showroom for something.

I've never had a Japanese marque before and Ud recommend Nissan to friends and family.

Dan

·
Registered
17 Posts
dan

they are attentive, because you are paying for the privalige. right up until the "warranty" word pops up, lucky for you yours is out of warranty. my own experience is the opposite, dealer service was to put it bluntly "****" attention paid to my fault was near incompetent and i firmly believe had i been paying for it, they would have gone to town on it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
worst, oil leak on inter-cooler like the rest of you :thumbs:
worst, leg room in the back :oops:
worst, bag of spanners under the bonnet when cold, like the rest of you :thumbs:
worst, arm rest to low
worst, sun visor to low when your tall :oops:
worst, put bigger wheels on and killed it in every way :headbang:
worst, gear box notchy in first and second, probably like the rest of you? :thumbs:

best, chunky and not girly looking
best, comfort in front
best, well kitted out apart from no washing machine or sink :lol:
best, better in snow and mud than a car
best, pulling power

·
Registered
39 Posts
dieselmotion said:
dan

they are attentive, because you are paying for the privalige. right up until the "warranty" word pops up, lucky for you yours is out of warranty. my own experience is the opposite, dealer service was to put it bluntly "****" attention paid to my fault was near incompetent and i firmly believe had i been paying for it, they would have gone to town on it.
Quite possibly so but when the turbo 'blew' they were good enough to mention that there may be recourse via the head office. They didn't need to do that, they could have let me find out for myself. On other occasions when I've been in they diagnosed the problem there and then - and then fixed it while I waited. No sucking in of air, no tut tutting, no 'its gonna be expensive' just simple 'lets get it in a fixed for you'. A stark difference to other main dealers that I've used previously on other vehicles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Best; Off-road performance, goes anywhere that my previous motor (Shogun) did.

Worst; That stupid little spare wheel plus the fact that you have to empty everything in the back to get at it, and the price of spares, just had a new front bumper, £982 fitted!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.