Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening,

While I'm very impressed with my 2 year old x trail sport (T31) on both and off road circumstances I do have a problem with farm tracks with moderately wet mud. It is most embarrassing getting stuck on a flat bit of mud - or worse having to refuse to drive over it because I will get stuck! Anyway, I want to get a set of 50-50 tyres for times when I will be doing a lot of stuff on wet field margins etc.

The BF goodrich tyres have a fantastic reputation however I cannot get them in the right size (215 60 H 17). In fact I cannot find any tyres better than 90-10s in that size. Has anyone else got new rims to fit off road tyres to a T31 and if so what size have you gone for. Something like 215 70 16s appear viable however I have a couple of concerns - is there enough clearance around each wheel arch for the extra wheel size (about 1cm) and is there any easy way to set the computer to work on slightly larger diameter wheels?

Thanks,

Richard

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really it is one of my only two complaints about it. The other being the height of the reversing lamp making it not very useful in some circumstances.
Having had a quick look at other 'softroaders' it appears as if the freelander 2, rav 4, disco 3 and CRV all suffer from lack of useful off road tyres on the standard rim size. At least having a second set of rims with a 50-50 means I can swap when needed rather than being permanently stuck with a compromise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.