Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok everyone

I have been running my X Trail on 50/50 Biodiesel and regular diesel for around 4000k now and all still seems fine, I may move over to B100 in the summer and report back.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My
1st xtrail was a 2005 dci and run that on sunflower oil 50% in the winter and 80% in the summer had no probs, mind you it was worth it as the sunflower oil was only 45p a ltr derv. was 89p at the time.. dont tell the tax man. but now i think you can run 5000 miles before you have to tell the tax man. :thumbs:

·
Registered
186 Posts
HI IF YOU RUN 50/50 IT FLOWS OK NO PROBS BEFORE I HAD THE XTRAIL I HAD A PICASSO AND BEFORE THAT A SEAT TDI AND THEY ALL RUN OK OIL WAS ONLY 30P A LTR. ONLY WHEN IT GETS COLD DOES THE OIL THICKEN UP THEN YOU RUN MORE DERV TO SUNFLOWER OIL.... HOPE THIS HELPS HAPPY DAYS :lol:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hi, been running mine since I get it on about 30% when it's very cold and 70% in the summer. If I have gone on a long trip, I have gone 90% then topped up with diesel near the end of the trip or it will not start. I only use used veg oil and shell V-max. I have my own filter station that takes it down to 1 micron. I did have an Espace that had heaters ( water and eclectic) and run that 100% all year round, and did it for years. You do need to keep on top of it though as it can cause problems if you don't, so would not recommend it. Regular fuel filter changes and the add tank of just Shell V-max.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.