Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new handbook says that you cannot use biodiesel in an exy!!! surely this cannot be true as the fuel in France is a 95/5 mix. Do they have a different diesel engine in the exy :?

Anyone used their motors with a bio mix and are they still intact?

With diesel at £1.31 a litre and still going up there must be some way of trying to cut costs. Any ideas.....can I convert my exy to run on H2O!! or can I get hot air from Mr.B :lol:

G

·
I ran my toyota hilux for 3 years on veg oil never had any problems I always used 50% diesel to veg oil just chuck it in the tank.

Only now veg oil is the same price as diesel so i'ts hardlt worth the effort.

If you usse neat veg oil it will eventually knacker your engine fuel pump seals.

Cheers H

·
Registered
4 Posts
i am led to believe that all UK diesel is 95/5% mix after 01/01/08.
I will try and confirm this.
has anyone else read the story of the diesel engine? was always designed to run on vegtable oil, but some modern seals are not compatable, and thicker when cold.

G

·
Im running my 2005 dci on 100% bio fuel .
I make it myself from used cooking oil and the car runs fine...even sounds like a quiet petrol car the MPG is the same and the power output is the same but at 20p litre to make its better for my pocket and the enviroment. :starwars:

·
Registered
115 Posts
reading my manual it strictly says no biofuel of any kind, seems strange for a diesel...my old landy will run on watered down petrol, bu I suppose it was designed for african fuel...lol.
My understanding was that any diesel could use bio of some ratio, and as ratio increased then needed to change filters sooner, also if more increase in things like veg oil etc then an inline fuel heater to help with the pressures etc...don't know if i dare put some in to try as car a bit too new at the mo...if it was only worth 500 or so then might have ago...lol

G

·
Hi if Biodiesel is made corect and you do the quality checks after there is no diference apart from the price.
They and I recomend that you change your fuel filter after running 2 tanks of Bio .
the reason behind this is that diesel leaves behind deposits in your fuel lines and the dio will clean this away and it will end up in your filter.....
After that its filter change as normal
I have done about 12,000 miles with no problems and the car runs better than it does on diesel.
The only problem I have with my x trail is the rumble wheel bearing Iv changed the drivers front thinking it was that and now am looking at the pasanger front, No looseness but after a 5 min drive you can feel the temperature diference on the front wheels. So next week time to change another bearing...... :starwars:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts