Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of anyway of stopping the bleeping thing bleep...

Can I just short out a couple of wires in the socket somehow :whistle:

·
Registered
115 Posts
...to right a case of wine sets off the signal. The only way to stop it is to drink it all and then I'm in a different trouble....hic !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why do you want it disable? may i ask...for me, it is quite important coz sometimes if im in a hurry i forget to put my set belt on, so its there to remind me? :biggrin:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cos I live in the middle of nowhere and driving across my land (i.e. field) I find it annoying... Also I don't forget to put my seat belt on :biggrin:

So has anyone done it? or know how to??

·
Registered
12 Posts
It will beep for only about 90 seconds... Failing that go to your local scrappy with a sharp knife and cut of the buckle from a seatbelt. keep this in your clove box until you need it then just click it in place and the beep will stop... using cunning trickery your xy will think your a good chap by putting on your belt on. :twisted:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haven't got around to it yet... Need a wiring diagram ideally.... There must be at least 2 wires going to the seat belt clip.... Either short them out, or cut one or the other...

Will try it one day....

:headbang:

·
Registered
20 Posts
there is a previous post stating its just two small gauge wires at the front of the undersid eof the seat going to a white pressure connector.
you will realise that on the passenger side when it bleeps if you lift your ar$e the bleeping stops... hence pressure switch controlled.
the drivers seat is the same but the bleeping does not stop when ignition is on.

so advice is to locate white switch under seat and disconnect them, cover in insulating tape (not live just a break circuit). The thicker wires are for the heated elements so don't touch these...

good luck.

:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
By switch i meant the white connection i would never recommend anybody to CUT wires.... I did disconnect them and my airbag light would not go out... so i plugged it back in... still bleeps for seatbelt :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts