Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Thanks for posting Vandy,

I like this solution and I will try it...

Do you know of a similar job to stop glare from the glass sun roof? I struggle to see the Sat Nav in certain light conditions.

Kind regards, John

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John

I never use the sunroof so always have the blind covering it. If I had the option I wouldn't have one at all - only adds more weight to the car - maybe if I had more hair I might use it :lol: Can't think of a way of stopping the glare from it though and agree that the sun can block out the sat nav screen.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Thanks Tatey,
I do not think I made myself clear, as we also have the blind closed most of the time. It is when you lift the rear of the sunroof for added ventilation, and then slide the blind open for about six inches. That six inch gap blocks out your view of the sat nav, if you follow. I have considered a six inch strip of Black Out may make all the difference... Having seen Vandy's use of the truck sun strip this may be a solution - so long as it is not affected by condensation on the glass - I think I will give this a go sometime.
One of my endearing memories from the "demonstration" of the Xtrail was when the salesman slid back the blind and the car filled with light on a relatively dull day. I think the sunroof is a good feature of the Xtrail, even though it must add to the car's weight.
Best wishes, John

·
Registered
385 Posts
I've got a limo tint sunstrip all the way across my windscreen got it done when i got the rest of the car done... Limo tint from B post back and its 35% on the fronts :thumbs: :twisted:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.