Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Folks,

I have an issue with my 67 x-trail, when I open the boot and it open's to its fullest, it starts to slowly come down to 3 quarters opened, and then stay's there,

Does anyone else have this issue? does it need new sturts? there is no sign of oil or anything around the current ones and I use the boot every day as my partner has a wheelchair,

Thanks in advance
Andy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does it have the automatic boot open? I'm not sure if its a model wide standard option. Because I believe there is a way to set the opening height, to make it easier to reach the button when its fully open. You may have inadvertently set that somehow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks, Joey for your reply, I have tried to set the height a few times, by holding in the button but the boot still lowers, think I need new sturts
I’m having the same problem. The boot opens to the correct height and then slowly drops by about a third. I’m pretty sure the struts need replacing.
Did you get yours fixed? New struts look very pricey.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haven't managed to get some new ones as yet, but it the struts, they have started to fall lower, just dreading calling up to get a price for them both

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi, I'm not sure if this applies to your car but it might be worth looking into this:

EU rapid alert system
  • Risk level: 1
  • Rapex alert: A12/0509/16
  • Date of the problem: 29/04/2016
The outer tube of the gas strut for the rear door may corrode and crack, resulting in the loss of the pressurized gas inside the gas strut. The gas strut would consequently be unable to support the opening of the rear door and could detach from the vehicle during operation of the rear door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts