Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced problems with the rear boot handle/latch sticking or not opening? Remote fob opens the locks on the doors but sometimes the boot latch doesn't do anything when pulled, have to press the lock and unlock button on the fob sometimes, a bit strange....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
baltisalty1979 said:
It's happened to me a couple of times, i think mine is when the flappy paddle handle under the number plate doesn't drop back into position when closed previously :roll:
thanks baltisalty1979 - good to know I'm not the only one....guessing there's no miracle cure?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Haven't found one myself, i just do the same as you...lock and unlock again usually does the trick, i don't tend to use the boot a great deal usually put the odd bag of shopping on the back seat, maybe why it tends to stick..lack of use?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Tatey said:
Is this not a job for WD 40?
If you take the handle out (10 min job) you will probably find its corroded on the inside as water gets to it. The pin that allows it to move seizes up through rust.

I had to replace mine, cost about £30 for the handle which I fitted myself.

Cheers Stuart. :thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.