Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have bought a non-slip boot liner for my new (to me) 2003 X-trail Sport 2.2 Di. I got it from these chancers:

http://www.towequipe.co.uk/

It does what it says on the tin, and it was only £30, but seems like rubbish quality. I was hoping for a thick rubber mat, but it's a very thin plastic mat with a rubber print across the middle to provide the "non slip" bit. It feels like its made from the same thing as plastic blister packs!

My question is: is the Nissan one better quality? I know it's double the price, but i really want a quality thick rubber one and won't hesitate to send this one back if there's a better quality one available. Also, if anyone has a better one for sale, let me know.

Thanks again,
Dave

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.

I bought one of these liners (not from that company though) because it is very light weight (or indeed rubbsh as you said!) so cleaning it is an absolute doddle - take it straight out - shake/brush it and straight back in again - easy.
I have a boot carpet under mine though as wanted this for sound deadening - it also stops the liner from moving around. You can get heavy duty rubber liners (someone is sure to post a link to a supplier) but have one of these in my wifes RAV4 and think mine is a much easier to clean. Hope this is of help?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I'm also new to the forum. I bought a genuine nissan boot liner for mine but unfortunately it is not non slip. It has raised edges and fits like a glove into the boot space and catches all the leaking water from my wet fishing gear but when you put anything in the boot it slides around the same as if it were not there. Some one must be able to recomend a good heavy duty no-slip rubber liner, better still one that protects the back of the seats when they are lowered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess that's one way to look at it; one man's cheapy boot liner is another man's super legerra boot liner!

That's bad news about the Nissan one too. I'm mainly after something to stop stuff sliding about the boot, which I admit the one I bought probably will, but I just had something more substantial in mind. My friend has a landrover one, and it's nearly half-inch thick rubber!

I'd also be interested to hear about a more heavy-duty non-slip one (but I'm not so arsed about when the seats go down...).

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Dave

I can't find any moulded heavy duty rubber boot liners - plenty of flat rubber mats out there but they don't follow the contour of the boot - they just sit flat on the floor with no sides. Maybe worth getting a Nissan one and then get a sheet of "grip rubber" - it's the same stuff that you can buy in small pieces for dashboards, etc, and also used in workshops to keep things steady on a bench or to stop things rolling off. Not ideal having 2 mats in the boot I know (which is why I got the "cheapie" version - easy to clean and has a non slip section in the centre - seemed like a good option.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
The same stuff (anti slip mats) Vandy talks about, I have fitted in all dash "Cupboards" and the little boxes at the transmission-tunnel. No more stuff movin' around...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought a heavy duty rubber one from ebay, after also buying the flimsly plastic thing which is still rolled up in a cupboard somewhere.
Its not an exaxct fit, but pretty close. It doesnt cover the two cubby holes in the boot, but covers the rest of the floor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.