Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had our 205 Xtrail DCi serviced (36K). The dealer phoned to say the front disc pads had worn down to metal and scored the discs. I had to pay for new discs - £215 + vat) as well as pads.
My question is should there be a dash board warning light for worn pads? If there is then it must be non working and I would have a warranty claim. Does anyone know?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No, no warning light but the dealer should be checking the condition of your pads at every service, sounds like they were not checked

I would pursue this with the dealer and failing that with Nissan direct as it sounds like they neglected to complete the scheduled servicing properly

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gilbertcat said:
I have just had our 205 Xtrail DCi serviced (36K). The dealer phoned to say the front disc pads had worn down to metal and scored the discs. I had to pay for new discs - £215 + vat) as well as pads.
Just bought my 2003 X-Trail diesel VRS and am very happy with it. I did notice that the front disks were very worn (70,000 miles) so, while I was in England (I live in France) I popped in to Camberley Auto Factors and bought two new front discs and a set of brake pads for £100. They are very simple to fit and I will save a fortune by doing it myself in due course. I remember fitting a set to my wife's Micra a few years ago (they cost about £40 for the set) and it was a very easy job.

I went to the Nissan dealer to get two little clips that secure the cover to the scuttle under the passenger glove box. They are very small pieces of plastic but Nissan have the audacity to charge £2.19 plus VAT for each of them. At that price I would expect to buy 100 of them, knowing the price of plastic injection mouldings!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts