Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. I bought a 56 x trail in April 08 with 15k on the clock. I had mine serviced a a nissan dealership in Oct 09 ( two years old) when i was told my front discs were worn to 26 mil but my pads were ok !!!

The mechanic and serving manager looked guilty when i told them pads wear our before discs as the car had only done 19k by this stage. i declined on thier offer for new pads and discs and took advise from nissan who told me if the pads were worn this was not covered under warranty. but afer 19k they should have been fine.

Anyway, whilst traveling to see my partner in london from west wales a few months later the car started to vibrate on the motorway. When i pulled in, the front right wheel was boiling and i thought i'd thrown a pad. The AA said the caliper had ceased and i had to be taken on a lorry to london ( as i had a car load of her stuff ! )
They said it was ok to drive for a few miles when i got there so next day i took it to the West London motor group in Mill Hill. The service advisor was brilliant and gave me a hire car as i had to get back to Wales. As the caliper had caused the problem I WAS covered under warranty ( which my local garage should have noticed ) Two weeks later the car was sorted and fingers crossed, no more trouble since.

Firstly i want to say after reading on the internet, the brakes do seem to lock on the x trail and as mine were under warranty, this should have been sorted out on the second year service free of charge. All they wanted to do was to charge me for new barkes and dics eventhough it was the callipers causing the problem.

Mill Hill garage repaired the car free of charge and i cannot recommend them enough along with the case worker i dealt with from nissan hq in the uk. Its just a shame some of their garages let them down.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My 1st xtrail a 2005 dci sport had only 9000 mls when the near side disc gave up the ghost near side, nissan in newport south wales said the disc had warped WEAR AND TEAR after only 9000mls not covered!!!!! But infact the caliper had seized. The dealer did not want to know i replaced the discs and pads myself,then 4mts later the service dept called and said sorry that the fault had not been fixed by them. :bow: . That was good of them :smile: . Good advice is to take out the pads asap and put some copper grease on the pads so they dont get stuck.The pads are put in dry at the factory so best to do it asap...You will notice that it will run a lot better and more mpg aswell... :thumbs:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.