Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
You are lucky, mine developed a judder at 2000 miles and all they would do was to skim the discs.This has cured them for now but I am not very happy with the dealer or Nissan for what I consederd a bodge repair on a vertual new car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes must seem so with comparison to your problem.i must say with the particulate filter problems we have had also this will be the last nissan/renault we buy.we have had 225 megane brand new,the r26 new and clio 172 cup which was second hand but performed fault free.its such a shame because i really do like the x-trail .tomorrow i will be looking for a new vehicle,although that search has just started via the net.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes its such a shame because the car is so good otherwise.I too have had DPF problems but have found that if you stick to shell or esso its better.It ain half fun burning off unsuspecting cars from the trafic lights as they think it is a grandad car you are driving, but we know differantly. Its not all bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that just made me smile,im a grandad but i know what you mean,it really pulls hard and the acceleration is very impressive.many a saxo,civic have been left behind... :biggrin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
On my 57 X-Trail I found the brakes a bit shuddery when towing.
Took it into the dealer to have a look at it and it also needed new disks and pads on the front.
Car has 20K on it and they said it must have been left out in the rain too often?

The disks were badly corroded, never seen anything like it.

Is this common to the X-trail?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi - are warped discs becoming a problem! I've done 7,500 miles in my Tekna(registerd October 2009) and started getting brake judder. Dealer said they would skim the discs under warranty. When I said this was unacceptable they gave me the number of Nissan customer services and suggested I discuss it with them! I did and Nissan agreed to replace the discs and pads without charge.

I did ask if it was usual for the customer to have to sort out warranty issues rather than the dealer - the answer was that the dealer usually sorts it. However, Nissan couldn't have been more helpful (OK, so I got the answer I wanted) and even phoned me the day the work was done to check everything was OK.

You might find that skimming didn't solve the problem - in which case talk to Nissan. The dealer even said that no way could it be due to wear and tear after such a short time. They also said it was 'good practice' to fit new pads after discs were changed.

·
Registered
241 Posts
When having disc brakes skimmed be care full as vented discs do crack when they get to hot, it is not unusual see disks split after they are skimmed, best option on vented discs is to replace with a quality product, i know as i work in the trade. have replaced all mine after only 10,000 miles it is not unusual for the callipers to stick this can cause the problem in the first place, mine are all copper slipped the (calipers that is) as the car only gets used at the weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.