Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Bulb List for 2006 T30

10K views 25 replies 2 participants last post by  Vandy 
#1 ·
I know someone was looking for this but i can find the post so here is a list of bulbs as copied from the owners handbook, If anyone need a PDF copy PM me and and will forward the complete owners handbook
Format is
Location - wattage - bulb fitment

EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR LIGHTS

Front turn signal light 21 T20
Front park light 5 T20
Side turn signal light 5 T10
Driving light
Note :standard headlights have an H4 main/dipped beam and cars with HID lights have 35w DR2 main bulb with H1 full beams.

Front side marker light 5 T10
Front fog light (if so equipped)* 55 H11
Rear combination light* this can be changed yourself with care see
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1783&hilit=light+cluste
Turn signal 21 S25
Stop/Tail 21/5 T20
Back-up 21 T20
License plate light 5 T10
High-mounted stop light 5
Room light 10
Map light 8
Luggage room light 10
Step light* 2.7 161
Rear side marker light 5 T10

this information is used at your own risk and i accept no responsability for anyone buying the wrong bulbs

See less See more
#5 ·
Just doing a like for Like for Front Side , front and rear Indicators, Reverse and brake lights, using the same output as original fit bulbs but using appropriate coloured LED bulbs to replace each one.

I have updated the headlights to Ring H4 Exstreme bright so they are still legal and they make a big diffrence.
already got 7 LED white sidelights fitted as well.

I am also fitting LED lights to work off the courtesy light loom for the front footwells, I will take pics and document this for the forum.

#7 ·
Front Sidelights have been ignored so far by local plod :thumbs:

Im not an old duffer but they tend to look for the highly modified cars driven by younger drivers than people with kids in the car. a bit of an ongoing battle for them.

Thanks for the heads up, def keeping the original bulbs handy just in case

not going to mega bright in the footwells just 12 LED's placed to give some light in the footwells at the front and 3 for the rear

#8 ·
Hi John

Must admit I have the same attitude - don't tend to get pulled in an Xtrail as they aren't looking that hard at them. I've got some pretty bright (2w/19Leds each side) sidelights in mine but don't tell anyone OK :whistle:
It seems a bit crazy that we can't run Led's anyway as some of the new cars on the road these days have led brake lights that melt your retinas when they come on - leaves you seeing black dots for hours! I fitted LED sidelights because with my HID's on the W501 wedge bulbs looked like yellow glow worms. Have been scratching my head as to how to get the bonnet "bubble" lit up with either LED or fibre optics. Have been advised that it's been tried and can't be done. Unfortunately being told this makes me want to do it even more - stuborn old git that I am!
Let me know how you get on and if you want any info then PM me.
Cheers

#9 ·
Well after waiting for bulbs to arrive i made a start and can say i have returned all the LED's as they did not look that good and in some cases were dull and pretty ineffective :frown: .
So only changed the Side lights and Reverse lights to LED bulbs. :biggrin:
Internals to be updated soon along with door/puddle lights to LED's.

#10 ·
Hi John

Sorry to hear the LED's were not very good. I know the ptoblem with some of them is they are too directional - send all the light straight out so give "bright spots" behind the lens. Youhave to go for the 360 degree type as these throw the light against the reflector as well. I once found that a white Led in a red lens looked a bit pink and yet a red one was too dull. I think the only ones you could change would be as you said - the side lights and reversing lights (although as previously said, look out for the boys in blue)

Are you still going to do your footwell lights though?

Sorry - just read your post again and you said you were going to :headbang:

#11 ·
I agree regarding the LED lights so decided to leave as is and get the Silver repeaters for the front to remove the Fried eggs
Yes I fitted the Footwell lights
Not tidy if you actually look at them bu the desired effect is just what i wanted, :thumbs:

#12 ·
JohnG89 said:
I agree regarding the LED lights so decided to leave as is and get the Silver repeaters for the front to remove the Fried eggs
Yes I fitted the Footwell lights
Not tidy if you actually look at them bu the desired effect is just what i wanted, :thumbs:
Couldn't find the link to the photos. Don't say you didn't take any? :smile:

#16 ·
Looks good John - very bright. I used yellow 10mm LED's for mine as didn't want them too bright but now I've seen yours I think I'll change for white ones. Have you fitted actual light fittings with LED festoon bulbs or just fitted LED's? Would be good if you could shove your iphone up under the dash so I can have a better look. (Having read what I've just written it sounds a bit pervie, but you know what I mean!)

#17 ·
Vandy
they are the strips you can buy in Maplin in block of 3 stuck on with double sided tape.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=218015

I just wired a loop of 3 on the left 6 in the middle and 3 on the right
3 leds under each seat for rears

cost me about £14 made plus about 2 hrs to make up and fit them

the ones under the seats are stuck onto a bracket i made from a video case and screwed onto the heater outlets under the seats.

took about 1 hr to make loops and 1 hr to fit them

will try to get pics up on monday for you

#20 ·
Boy they're bright! Good job and certainly does the trick. Funny thing but I really like having some lights in the footwells - have had it in my other cars and it helps - definately when you've just been walking the dog! As said. I used 10mm yellow LED's which aren't in fact yellow at all, really just a warm white. Like the brighter white though now I've seen it.

#21 ·
Cheers Vandy , Glad you like it. :thumbs:
Never had them beofre but just wat to make my X'y a bit more personal to me.
Did look at other colours but decieded white was the way to go.

Ive also changed the "puddle Lights" to LED and it makes such a diffrence, just used Ultra White 501 LED bulbs

#22 ·
JohnG89 said:
Cheers Vandy , Glad you like it. :thumbs:
Never had them beofre but just wat to make my X'y a bit more personal to me.
Did look at other colours but decieded white was the way to go.

Ive also changed the "puddle Lights" to LED and it makes such a diffrence, just used Ultra White 501 LED bulbs
Hi John

Have a look at the link below - you'll need to left click the PDF file to open it.

http://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2063

#24 ·
Hi John

Following on from your super-bright footwell light installation, have made a change to mine now. I've removed a couple of the yellow 10mm LED's from my footwells and now just have one on each side. I've connected these to the light circut so now have ambient lighting in the footwells! Have still got to fit an amber ambient light LED in the front courtesey light fitting and then I'll see if there's a way of illuminating the drivers side window switches. Will be fitting white LED's (similar to yours) for interior light circut footwell lights - hopefully soon?
Another "not required but wanted" addition to the X Trail!

#25 ·
Glad to see your modding again, Im still shopping for my DRL's Looking at some on Fleabay form a UK supplied that may fit and are E marked The Ring installation Kit will be used as its lots easier than making my own loom up.

I just used the same LED's in the fromnt light, worked a treat and while not as bringt def better.

might have to steal your alu tape idea for better light dispersion as was impressed with such a simple thing working so well

#26 ·
Have used the alu tape in all of the courtesey lights too. It does help to reflect and throw additional light without having to mess around with new bulbs. I thought the bulbs would have been festoon type so was going to swap them for festoon LED's - but they're not - they're torch bulbs :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.