Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

Sorry if this has already been posted.

I have an 08 X-Trail, and want to replace the standard bulbs with extra-bright ones.

Is there a definitave list of bulb types, or is it just a trip to Halfords and a flip through their charts?

Jon

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Jon

Pretty sure the headlamp bulbs are H4's - main and dipped combined - unless you have Xenon bulbs then the main beam is an H1. I've found the brightest replacement bulbs are Phillips Extreme - they give a very white bright light and I have thee as my main beam. I tried Osram +90 bulbs and didn't think they were as white or as bright. Hope this helps?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey again

Ive replaced the main/dipped with superbright ones and wow! What a difference.

I still havent managed to get the adjustment angle right on the fiddly litte rotarty dial, but that will come in time.

I dont suppose you (or anyone else) can tell me the sidelight bulb? They now look pitaful in comparisson to the new ultra-brights.

Ta
Jon

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
HI Jon

Glad your new bulbs have made a difference. Your sidelight bulbs may be W501 capsule bulbs - as your T31 model doesn't have the crazy blue filters that our T30 models have you should be able to get maybe an Osram Cool blue bulb as these are a bit more white, if not brighter. We can't have these really as they look green through our blue lenses!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Jon

Have a look at this post - you'll need to open the PDF file to see the picture of the LED bulb. These are same fitting as sidelight bulbs and are very bright. As for legality - well technically your sidelight bulbs should be filament bulbs as these are standard. As far as I am aware there is no legal limit for luminence for a sidelight but if the car came out of the factory with filament bulbs then this is what should always be used so not sure re: MOT, etc. Will try to find where I got these from and send a post.

http://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2063

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
JonP said:
Hey all

Sorry if this has already been posted.

I have an 08 X-Trail, and want to replace the standard bulbs with extra-bright ones.

Is there a definitive list of bulb types, or is it just a trip to Halfords and a flip through their charts?

Jon
That's what I did and Halfords fitted them.

But the Philips came top of the AutoExpress review - but Halfords don't stock them :frown:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.