Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, hope some one can advice. I have an X-Trail 2003 with fittted ball bars my problem is that after an accient another set of bull bars was needed, this is where it gets strange the insurance company say the garage they told to go to !! will only fit the rubber ones OR get a quote for supply and fit and we will give you the money!!! but I cant find where I can get one from, I live close to London but I would of thought with the internet etc it would be easy, so here I am one month later still no joy so HELP! can anyone advice, regards to all.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi dink 1234

Metal Bull Bars became socially unnacceptable a few years ago when media attention highlighted the number of pedestrian deaths and serious injuries caused by them.

After all we don't see many loose Bulls or Kangeroos around the countryside do we.

I'll suggest you go for rubber if you really want them.

Xacre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xacre said:
Hi dink 1234

Metal Bull Bars became socially unnacceptable a few years ago when media attention highlighted the number of pedestrian deaths and serious injuries caused by them.

After all we don't see many loose Bulls or Kangeroos around the countryside do we.

I'll suggest you go for rubber if you really want them.

Xacre
I really dont need these sort of comments, I thourght the forum was for people trying to help not go into one!! does anyone out there have the correct infomation? just to add if it wasnt for my bull bars the car would of been a right off, and for the record where I drive I do come across bulls and wide boar!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have recenly fitted an "A" bar to my 07 columbia. It was supplied by a company called 4drive styling from Spalding in Lincolnshire. It comes with an EU compliance certificate for pedestrian safety and took abot 45 mins to fit. If you search the web for "A" bars you will find several companies that offer EU compliant bars.

Best regards,

IanD

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IanD said:
I have recenly fitted an "A" bar to my 07 columbia. It was supplied by a company called 4drive styling from Spalding in Lincolnshire. It comes with an EU compliance certificate for pedestrian safety and took abot 45 mins to fit. If you search the web for "A" bars you will find several companies that offer EU compliant bars.

Best regards,

IanD
Thank you for your help I will look into this, thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts