Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , Im a Newby, i am planning buying an x trail next month so doing a bit research first. I want a 2.2 dci 136bhp model. can you get the x trail in 2wd as well as 4wd and how can you tell the difference with out looking underneath. I want a four wheel drive so dont want to buy two wheel drive. Im planning on 2005 to 2006 model. Is it really worth paying more for sat nav as they are hard to up date. Any help appreciated
Trev

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can buy just 2 wheel drives, the easiest way to check is to look inside on the center console just left of the steering wheel. If there is a dial to change from 2 to 4x4, then its a 4x4, if it doesnt, its a 2 wheel drive!

Personally I think the sat nav is a waste of time, you can buy a TomTom cheaper than the update disks, but I guess it is handy to have it built in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Personally I prefer built in Sat-navs to aftermarket ones - simply because of the integrated look. Mine doesn't have OEM though so I will pick up a Pioneer one in the next couple of weeks.

The 4wd (identified by the dial and the lights that come on on the dash at ignition) is a pretty clever system. I don't feel it working in normal driving - but I did switch to permie mode at the weekend and it was very sure footed.

G

·
Hi I have just sold a 2.2DCi Columbia with sat nav and purchased a 2.5 Columbia without, I have added a Garmin sat nav which is far more easier to use and you have the benefit of speed alerts and post code search IMO far better than the OEM fitment, and I get the benefit of a 6CD :thumbs:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I turn the satnav off and use my Garmin, not only because it has all my points on it, but more importantly because it shows the speed limits, then you can easily synchronize the cruise control with it - one thing less to concentrate on - and also speed cameras. Real time traffic info is covered on the Nissan, but for £40 you can have the Garmin do this too. Also although the screen is larger and easier to use, it is way off line of sight and could then be dangerous. I thought of selling the Garmin and buying a Talex for the cameras, but these are the reasons I stuck with the Garmin. Oh, and the post code search is another compelling reason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.