Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've been browsing this forum for a couple of weeks, some really useful stuff on here.

I need some new brakes discs and pads on the front of my new shape x-trail (also looking at rears as 80% warn). I seem to have suffered the usual disc warp.

Had a quote from Nissan a while back for the fronts and think it was around 250, had a quote from national tyres at the weekend for around £300 (or £660 for all corners).

Since that I've been looking how.much just the parts are and there's a bit of a jump between the range. Does any one recommend any particular brand of disc or pads for an xtrail.

Camskill have a full set of pads and discs for £155 but no idea how good they are.

Also mtec discs seem reasonable.

Any help or recommendations on the above or suppliers appreciated (I'm based in cheshire if that helps).

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
The rear rotors on the T31 are the same as the T30 rotors same part No's.
Apec manufacture most rotors and then they're just branded by other suppliers names on the boxes. Don't buy (MTEC) drilled & grooved rotors they're not for 4x4 vehicles always smooth finish. Ask them at Camskill who manufacture them and I bet they say Apec, if yes then buy them they should be good Rotors. :thumbs:
Apec link

http://www.apec-braking.co.uk/index.php

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, quick update for those interested. I went for the Camskill offer in the end and a mechanic I know agreed to do the work.

Order was placed and a few days later 2 heavy boxes arrived at work. Opened the boxes and they contained the following;

Blueprint front discs
EBC Ultimax front pads
Comline rear discs
Nippon rear pads

So they're all parts are named and boxed which was pleasing (although no idea on what the quality of the parts are actually like).

All fitted with no issues, getting a little squeel at the mo' but hopefully it will stop after a few more miles.

So £165 for discs/pads for all 4 corners plus £85 for labour, which works out cheaper than my quotes just for the fronts changing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Jon. Useful info. Just had my Xtrail fail its first MOT on brake pad wear which was really irritating as I took it into the dealer a few months ago 'cos they looked thin and was told that they were fine!. Anyway it needed new front pads and discs at a cost of £370. Very surprised that it needed new discs after just 23,000 miles. So coming to the conclusion than alternatives to the OEM set up may be best. Previous cars have managed 50,000 without changing......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.