Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, wondering if anyone can help.Looking to buy an x trail 2.2 deisel but have heard of turbo problems,is this an issue with models up to a certain age or has the problem been sorted out from a certain year onwards ,any help very appreciated thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok cheers ,i have the chance of a 2003 2.2 dci sve model but i think it is only 114bhp not the 136bhp, not sure if i should buy it looks real good, but am i better going for the 136bhp model?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I dont think you can get a non turbo xtrail 2.2dci the 136bhp is turbo only.... all the xtrails i have seen 114 and 136 have turbos fitted ... :cool: the problems with the turbos are down to bad use like turning the motor off and giving it a big rev just beford you do. let the engine idle for about 60s or more so as the turbo has time to slow down.. hope this helps..mark

·
Registered
37 Posts
well ill be damned lol, i could of sworn mine wasn't turbo, and i still can't find anything in my hand book about the turbo.... but i may be wrong as everyone on the internet say's it is turbo... well i guess it is time to put a larger one on there ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.